What was the best videogame ever?

Karma is gone.

Also I'm going to ask the question you just posed off and on for the next six months or so, maybe longer.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ocarina of Time, METHINKS.

Mirah

I love you
SilentBtViolent said:
I'm going Super Mario Brothers because there is no school like the old school.
They know nothing of video games here silent.
When I was 8 I played Kangaroo religously. I loved that game.
Then Q-bert
I'm not saying these were the best however.
I must agree with you.
I just wasn't into gaming at that time in my life: (means I didn't have any gaming consoles then)
After that I liked playing Sonic and some detective game
While waiting for Halo 2 I played the Sims and the Sims 2.

Why'd I just say all that?
I don't know.
Whatever.
And if anyone flames me-I'll kill them.

YeahSoWhat

My personal favorites from back in the day based on their simplicity of play and overall entertainment were (earliest) were Maniac Mansion, Castle Wolfenstein, Leisure Suit Larry on the oldest pre-ninetendo systems and Frogger, Mario and defender.

As the games progressed I love Contra Alien Wars, Zelda: Link to the Past, Super Mario Brothers and Castlevania

Now I lean toward the Resident Evil, Max Payne, Metal Gear series. Personally though, I DO miss the earlier game style where you could just pick them up and play them without it taking a week to get all the moves down, reading a manuel or having to relearn the controls again and where you were and what you were doing in the game because you haven't played it in a month or two.

CaptainWacky

HE SAID VIDEO GAME.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
ZORK!

Dark Jedi

The best VGs in existence IMO are the Tekken series, all of which i am a master of, and enter tournaments quite often for "Tekken 5" and "Tekken Tag"

But unfortunately because i spent so much time playing fighting games, i suck at most other VGs, and I'm sometimes lucky if i can make it past the character select screen, never mind complete them. LOL

No list would b complete without a mention of Mario Bros/Cart, Grand theft auto, or Half life.

CaptainWacky

Super Mario World is better than Mario Brothers 3: FACT.