Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Mirah

I love you
I'm on TikTok and a video pops up of someone who is moving to the Pacific Northwest from Oklahoma. Tons of messages are saying, "Welcome" and I'm like, "Wow TikTok is sooo nice!" Someone asked, "WHat made you choose Washington?" She answered, and then they asked, "What area" She answered and then the person says, "Just keep in mind gentrification is a big issue in alot of areas, so if you're moving into our neighborhoods how are you giving back to communities?"
So the gal replies about being a foster dog parent and she plans on finding a local rescue when she moves.
Well that wasn't good enough for them-they said, "We didn't ask about animals, we asked about humans!"
And she said, well I help in my own way. And then they said, "You need to listen to the needs of the community"
And then someone else chimmed in, "That literally does nothing to address gentrification"
And the original person replies that her focus on dogs, moving to an area with (POC) is concerning.
AND THEN she reveals that her husband is a firefighter and that doesn't help because they say "Well we've had issues with police and fire fighters, that was a very out of touch comment"
And the person who is moving said, "Thank you for your perspective" I think to end the conv to which the person replied, "This was actually a really sad exchange. I hope when you come here you do better by the community"
Sheesh!

Mirah

I love you
I don't get such ownership of a place. I've moved around most of my life. I love meeting new people and would welcome people moving here. Remind me I said this when all of the tourists begin visiting again in the summer and I get cranky about it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I hate my stupid body.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
152033763_3995516243805156_3573135955120813825_n.jpg

CaptainWacky

Ducks have no concept of time anyway.

jack

If you turn them upside down do they quack up?

CaptainWacky

I'm watching Murder, She Wrote.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm addicted to Twitch.

jack

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
MARBLES. Complete waste of time AND YET IT SEEMS SO IMPORTANT AT THE TIME.

CaptainWacky

bums lol

CaptainWacky

what's wrong with my body, Mirah?

Mirah

I love you
Is that a stand alone question?
I don't know : (

Is that in response to my response to your "Bums lol"? I assumed you were calling Eggs and jack bums, so I said "ya srsly"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I don't think we are bums, but we do HAVE bums...