Who decided...

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
That that stupid opinion piece should be a "feature"?? If I realized the ezine was going to be a hive of leftist crap I would have campaigned against it.

That said, how do I get my browser to go straight to the forums so I don't have to be subjected to that pure garbage?

Thanks! :bigass:

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know

Caitriona

Something Wicked
Laker_Girl said:
That that stupid opinion piece should be a "feature"?? If I realized the ezine was going to be a hive of leftist crap I would have campaigned against it.

That said, how do I get my browser to go straight to the forums so I don't have to be subjected to that pure garbage?

I decided, and if you don't like it, send me something else and I'll put it up.

Bladev1

Laker_Girl said:

http://www.trollkingdom.net/forum/index.php

Caitriona

Something Wicked
Laker_Girl said:

Oh, and just because it is a piece about Bush and his Administration, doesn't mean it is leftist. Read the latest polls, almost 7 out of every 10 people think he is a piece of crap. That's no longer left honey, it's gone straight past center and creeping toward the right. It's news. It's relevant. If you don't like it--bite me.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Right, Left, Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal.

I really couldn't care less. I can't tell the difference between any of them. Anyone who gets caught up in this shit needs to get a hobby. One that doesn't involve fucking donkeys or elephants.

Shatna

SOINT PLUT!
And when you're done, bite me as well! :D

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Caitriona said:
Oh, and just because it is a piece about Bush and his Administration, doesn't mean it is leftist. Read the latest polls, almost 7 out of every 10 people think he is a piece of crap. That's no longer left honey, it's gone straight past center and creeping toward the right. It's news. It's relevant. If you don't like it--bite me.

My question, as always is, "Who exactly are these pollsters asking?" I've yet to speak to any of them. So that kind of blows that leftist theory out of the water.

I don't agree with the Bush Administrations handling of things at the moment but I think that making the ezine a leftist stomping ground is narrow minded. To site any national news source as the basis for what you, a liberal thinks is center to right shows you know nothing about center to right and shouldn't speak about it.

So no, I don't like that you've turned the TK ezine into one sided crap but hey, that's your call and I'd never expect anything less from you.

Take a nibble yourself. ;)

Caitriona

Something Wicked
Laker_Girl said:
My question, as always is, "Who exactly are these pollsters asking?" I've yet to speak to any of them. So that kind of blows that leftist theory out of the water.

I don't agree with the Bush Administrations handling of things at the moment but I think that making the ezine a leftist stomping ground is narrow minded. To site any national news source as the basis for what you, a liberal thinks is center to right shows you know nothing about center to right and shouldn't speak about it.

So no, I don't like that you've turned the TK ezine into one sided crap but hey, that's your call and I'd never expect anything less from you.

Take a nibble yourself. ;)

Explaining how polls are conducted is a whole course in statistics. I suppose you're an anomaly having never been asked, because I've been asked a few times in my life.

Most of it is a lot more accurate than you'd imagine, but I'm not a mathematician and I'm not going to try and explain. I know how to do the formulas, but I can't explain why they work and are accurate within whatever degree for error they cite. Maybe I can get Anarch to come on over and explain it.

That said, I'm putting stories in the e-zine that are topical and relevant. Given even your own dismay at how Bush is handling the business of governing the US, I'd say it is topical and not a bunch of leftist crap.

Like I said, find me something that is from the right and I'll probably put it up.. But please make it something truly conservative and not just more Neo-con BS. [and I guess you missed the feature on William F. Buckley Jr... too bad, it was a great article about a GREAT conservative.]

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
I took Psychology Statistics.
There will ALWAYS be a margin for error.
it's the base of population that you decide to poll from that tells if you are weighing the sides correctly.
For example, here in AZ, the requirements for being a juror are, a State ID and a voter registration.
In that group, you get olny the people with AZ IDs and that have registered to vote.
The problem?
it's weighted Republican. Dems are slightly less likely to register to vote.
A pol of that group could not be used because it's weighted, unless you put in the equation that you know it's weighted. That would reflect in the +/-% error.

Caitriona

Something Wicked
Laker_Girl said:
My question, as always is, "Who exactly are these pollsters asking?" I've yet to speak to any of them.

So......... Suppose they'd asked everybody *but* you. Would you still think the poll was false?

tiff_7_17

Skin is my daddy
Laker_Girl said:

You know, you're right?

The ezine should solely reflect your own personal beliefs...yes...that ought to do the trick.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Sardonica said:
You really are insane.

You live in the woods and write about aliens and I'm insane? Um, okay.

And tiff, dear, shut the fuck up. The ezine shouldn't reflect my personal views nor should it reflect Cait's personal views. Since you're new, I'll let this pass but unless you want this fight I suggest you mind your p's and q's, I'm really not in the fuckin' mood.

Caitriona

Something Wicked
Laker_Girl said:
You live in the woods and write about aliens and I'm insane? Um, okay.

And tiff, dear, shut the fuck up. The ezine shouldn't reflect my personal views nor should it reflect Cait's personal views. Since you're new, I'll let this pass but unless you want this fight I suggest you mind your p's and q's, I'm really not in the fuckin' mood.

Play nice for crying out loud.

As for my personal views... Almost every publication on the damn face of the planet reflects the personal views of the Editor. Hard news should be without personal bias, but the rest.. give me a break Editors use publications all the time.

Like *I* said, if you want something else, either send it to me, or point me to it and I'll put it up. You keep side stepping this offer. I'm open to other POV's, just help me out. I'll put it up. That's being open minded and without bias in a publication. If I refused to put something contrary to my own POV, that would be bias and you could scream.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Caitriona said:
So......... Suppose they'd asked everybody *but* you. Would you still think the poll was false?

I have to tell you Cait, I'm more interested about why you took this so personally. It's just politics and you've never been this defensive before. As a matter of fact, I believe you and I found some common ground.

At any rate, if the pollsters polled everyone *but* me then I would most certainly not have one single problem with the poll's accuracy but considering that no one I know has ever been polled (and I know a hell of a lot of people) then I'm sticking with my original assessment.

So I see now that's TK's ezine isn't a beacon of balance but the same liberal media trash as everything else out there. Thanks for nothin'! :bigass:

Shatna

SOINT PLUT!
I LOVE HIPPIES

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Caitriona said:
Play nice for crying out loud.

My face looks like a pumpkin and you want me to play nice? NEVER! I'm swollen and angry!

As for my personal views... Almost every publication on the damn face of the planet reflects the personal views of the Editor.

You make a very valid point.

Like *I* said, if you want something else, either send it to me, or point me to it and I'll put it up. You keep side stepping this offer. I'm open to other POV's, just help me out. I'll put it up. That's being open minded and without bias in a publication. If I refused to put something contrary to my own POV, that would be bias and you could scream.

I wasn't screaming about it, I was surprised that the ezine had taken a hardline, I was disappointed. Do I have anything else to offer? Not necessarily but in the future I'd like to see balance.