WHY CARVE PUMPKINS?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
In honour of a TKer before his time...

Of course the story of the Jack o’Lantern comes from Irish folklore.
According to the tale, Jack was a crafty farmer who tricked the Devil into climbing a tall tree. When the Devil reached the highest branch, Jack carved a large cross in the trunk, making it impossible for the Devil to climb down. In exchange for help getting out of the tree, the Devil promised never to tempt Jack with evil again.
When Jack died, he was turned away from Heaven for his sins and turned away from Hell because of his trickery. Condemned to wander the Earth without rest, (sounds like a few BBS addicts I could name) Jack carved out one of his turnips, took an ember from the devil, and used it for a lantern to light his way. He became known as “Jack of the Lantern.”

Bummer.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
curiousa2z said:
In honour of a TKer before his time...

Of course the story of the Jack o’Lantern comes from Irish folklore.
According to the tale, Jack was a crafty farmer who tricked the Devil into climbing a tall tree. When the Devil reached the highest branch, Jack carved a large cross in the trunk, making it impossible for the Devil to climb down. In exchange for help getting out of the tree, the Devil promised never to tempt Jack with evil again.
When Jack died, he was turned away from Heaven for his sins and turned away from Hell because of his trickery. Condemned to wander the Earth without rest, (sounds like a few BBS addicts I could name) Jack carved out one of his turnips, took an ember from the devil, and used it for a lantern to light his way. He became known as “Jack of the Lantern.”

Bummer.

JACK did your God's job for him (forced the Devil to do his bidding via trickery by making him promise never to tempt him with evil again), yet he was turned away from Heaven? This is the great, loving God so many on this Hell called Earth worship? Rather sounds to me the story explains God's jealousy of Jack and a mere human's ability to trick the Devil, something that your beloved God failed to do. Was not jealousy the reason your God sent the brightest of angels, Lucifer, to Hell? This is the same God everyone in this world worships and loves?