Why do poeple bother the Jews so much?

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
This is something I never could understand. I have never heard of them doing anything to anyone, but yet everyone seems to keep bothering them and seemingly have done so sincce the begining of history.

Why is this :hmmm:

The Question

Eternal
You have to wonder what it is about their culture that people find so offensive, I quite agree. Maybe something in their culture's code of ethics leads them to do things that everyone outside their culture finds intolerable?

Cranky Bastard

They are God's chosen people.

That paints one hell of a huge "pwn" target on their asses.

I guess...but I never understood the big deal either.

LomiMonet

I've always suspected that other than historical hatreds etc, that for the most part it is jealousy.

The Jewish people are a fairly hardworking, intellectually sincere lot that more times than not owe their successes to a very sound work ethic.

The Question

Eternal
Cranky Bastard said:
They are God's chosen people.

That paints one hell of a huge "pwn" target on their asses.

More specifically, their religion says they're God's chosen people. Ya gotta figure that arouses the "Bullshit!" reaction in religious and non-religious folks alike. Non-religious folks find it mildly stupid, arrogant and insulting. Religious folks, it causes to doubt their religion by showing organized religion in general as the self-serving, power-grabbing scam it really is. Makes them doubt their own stupid, arrogant and insulting beliefs, which is just the meanest thing you can do. :)

The Question

Eternal
LomiMonet said:
I've always suspected that other than historical hatreds etc, that for the most part it is jealousy.

See, but here's an unpleasant and bitter little truth to chew on: even historical hatreds started in a time when there wasn't any hatred. Stereotypes are formed through observation, which means that at some point enough Jewish people have been observed behaving like stereotypical Jews for those behaviors to become stereotypical.