Wrestling?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Remember how every year I'd post a big long thread for WrestleMania with predictions and people (well, Gagh) would actually reply? Yeah, I don't think that's happening this year. Probably won't even watch it until, like, Tuesday (TUESDAY!)

Anyway, let's pervily watch a muscular girl working out.

[YOUTUBE]pMIo95CwN7w[/YOUTUBE]

And you can never go wrong with a Paul Heyman interview.

[YOUTUBE]Z2tw8E0-JVg[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]sf527KRaCEc[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Wacky Reviews: WrestleMania 29

If nothing else, WrestleMania always looks cool with the huge arena and spectacular set. As asual a couple of matches were cut from the show and all but three matches felt rushed. Yet none of the video packages were cut. They're more important than wrestling.

The SHIELD beat Randy Orton, Shameus and The Big Show - The Shield continue to be a brightspot and remain undefeated. Decent opener. Big Show turned heel for the 900th time (actually literally) afterwards.

Mark Henry beat Ryback - This was shit.

Kane and Daniel Bryan beat Dolph Ziggler and Big E - Remember last year when Daniel Bryan lost in 18 seconds and it pissed the fans off for the rest of the night? That didn't happen here. He got the winning fall on Ziggler (who loses all the time but did cash in the money in the bank on RAW to win the world title so that's something) this year then led the 70,000 fans in a "yes!" chant. So that was pretty cool. Match was actually shorter than Henry/Ryback, which is ridiculous!

Fandango beat Chris Jericho - Fandango is an evil ballroom dancer. He basically rules. The fans were singing his entrance music on RAW the next night and there's now a movement to have his theme top the UK singles chart. Seriously. Anyway, match was okay, Fandango a bit sloppy, but good enough.

Alberto Del Rio beat Jack Swagger - Cheap heat racist promo before the match that no one cared about. Times have moved on, Vince. Match was decent thanks to Del Rio, but considering that it was a world title match it felt really small. Like an IC title match (the IC title match didn't even make the ppv by the way.)

The Unertaker beat CM Punk - Best match of the show. If they can keep Undertaker doing just one match a year forever it will feel special and make WrestleMania worth watching. Punk was great here too.

Triple H beat Brock Lesnar - Notice how the main events involve people who only wrestle once a year? At least Punk and Cena are on the main roster, this match had part-timer Triple H beat part-timer Lesnar for no apparent reason. Match had good moments but felt too long and the crowd didn't care about it after Undertaker/Punk.

John Cena beat The Rock - So yeah...this match. It was okay. Rock just isn't up to doing a long match and Cena still looks sloppy. And there was REALLY LOUD spot-calling by Cena throughout, so you could hear him say "DUCK THE PUNCH, GIVE ME A DDT" then a second later Rock would duck his punch and give him a DDT. Then the end sequence was just the two of them hitting and blocking their finishers again and again. Good in theory but not smooth enough.

So yeah, this was a show that existed. I wouldn't recommend it other than the Undertaker match.

(Absolutely no one is going to read this, are they?)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Did you ever see Wrestlemania or any other WWE event live? Seeing this thread reminded me that I went to a taping of WWE SMACKDOWN! back in February/March(when I was offline for Lent). The matches were ok. I was a bit confused though sometimes because I don't follow wrestling that closely anymore, so I didn't know sometimes if a wrestler was a good guy or bad guy unless I listened to the crowd. I remember Fandango was supposed to make his wrestling debut that night but ended up refusing to wrestle because Lillian the announcer couldn't pronounce his name right. It was also a bit confusing because they also taped wrestling matches/segments for other wrestling hows such as RAW and Saturday Morning SLAM. If I had to do it over again I'd probably recommend not going to see it live and waiting to watch the edited together version on TV.

CaptainWacky

I haven't been to a live wrestling show since 1994.

The tv tapings do seem like they would be a chore to get through (especially with RAW being three hours long.)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I haven't watched wrestling on TV since 1994. My college girlfriend got me into it and I lost interest in it soon after we broke up. And then it merged with ECW and lost its "F" and I didn't like those changes so I didn't really miss the wrestling that much anyway. I got my younger brother into watching wrestling though and he still watches it. I even bought a bunch of the wrestling videogames for the Playstation/Playstation 2 as a way of bonding with my brother but lost interest in those as soon as he always managed to win.

CaptainWacky

Fandango's theme at number 3 in the Amazon UK download charts lol.

Seph

Retired Account
I went to one when I was A kid and brett hart was supposed to fight yokozuna in the main fight but it never transpired.

CaptainWacky

Primo and Epico probably.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Wrestlemania 29 was saved by Punk and Undertaker. For all the spectacle and the great arena, sold out crowds and crisp production the whole thing just felt soulless again. It's a shame because there is talent to be used in WWE, but it's not much of a shock that it doesn't get used very well much of the time.

Wrestlers like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan (and a few others) almost make WWE bearable again but it's scary to think what sort of show it would be without the obligatory Undertaker streak match.

So yeah, EASILY best match of the night. CM Punk is kind of awesome. He's even more awesome with the already awesome Paul Heyman so yeah, I actually enjoy his work. It was the only match that I actually got invested in. It wasn't spectacular or anything, but it was entertaining.

Rock v Cena...meh. ONCE IN A LIFETIME LOL. Wasn't terrible, but nothing really memorable at all about it. Maybe they will do better next year.

The rest...eh...was pretty standard really.

Watched some attitude era stuff on Youtube after and made me feel sad.

HERE IS AN AL SNOW ANECDOTE ABOUT RYBACK

[YOUTUBE]9HY3g4CGdM0[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Rock managed to tear like every muscles in his body off the bone in his match with Cena. And he's putting surgery off to film his Hercules movie, the crazy bastard. He really shouldn't wrestle ever again.

ALSO Undertaker is actually going to wrestle on RAW this week (teaming with Bryan and Kane against The Shield) which seems prety risky to me since they should really just keep him in storage until it's WrestleMania time again.

AND ALSO I'm fucking DETERMINED to get you to watch Stone Cold ET so here it is again...

[YOUTUBE]aMmAsqtGRmk[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

WTF.

[youtube]VwoRIf_bCd8[/youtube]

(But still watch Stone Cold ET as well.)

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]kgWUlU6N7f0[/YOUTUBE]

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Stone Cold E.T. provoked more emotion in me than literally any of Steven Spielberg's movies.

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]TshbU5k86ak[/YOUTUBE]

(But still watch the original as well.)

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]VqZOH4Z8ta0[/YOUTUBE]

(But still watch Stone Cold ET as well, Menty, the original not the Titantron which would make no sense without the original.)