Wrestling?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Two unrelated tweets.

Mr Perfect beat Brock before it was cool.

Road Dogg: Do YoU hAtE aMeRiCaNs, SaMi?

CaptainWacky

Goldberg would still manage to concuss himself.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Rumours going around that Velveteen Dream solicited underage boys on Instagram. If he did it he's finished.

Lots of people jumping to the "He was hacked" defence but that's never the case.

Welp. "What school do you go to?"

CaptainWacky

He disappeared for months and when he came back he was terrible in the ring and I've seen "insiders" claim he's addicted to cocaine so maybe he decided to commit sucide by teen boy.

CaptainWacky

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Fun fact: Duggan actually has a degree in plant biology.

Another fun fact: when I was a kid, and Duggan was in the Mid-South territory, MSW came to my high school gymnasium. Duggan was top on the card. When he came down the aisle, I jumped out in the aisle to take a pic of him. He actually posed for me, but I had forgot to advance the film... another flash went off... and he apparently thought I got the pic so he proceeded down the aisle. My dad never let me forget that.

CaptainWacky

I had a 2 by 4 (or just a plank of wood, I don't know the actual dimensions) that I wrote the names of all my favourite wrestlers on. It was in the garden shed until recently.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I've watched quite a bit of Duggan on old MSW shows, and my word he was good, and full of charisma. It's a bit of a shame he was treated like a joke character in the big fed.

CaptainWacky

Classic Vince. Dusty Rhodes becomes a chubby chaser who wears polka dots, etc. It's funny that I knew NOTHING of this as a child and assuemd characters like Duggan and Dusty and Koko B Ware or whoever were always jokes.

CaptainWacky

I pissed myself.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
MiTB has been and gone and overall I think it was a good show, albeit a strange one.

Despite this pandemic having stretched on for a while now and having watched quite a few crowd-less shows, it simply doesn't get any less odd. I'm becoming a broken record on this subject but pro-wrestling doesn't lend itself to this format. It's a circus and the crowd is a huge part of the atmosphere.

There is something inherently odd about watching Drew McIntyre and Seth Rollins put on a really solid match and absolutely give it their all to no spectators. It's not only weird to watch but I imagine it must be weird to perform as well.

They continue to completely botch being able to use Bray/Fiend (whatever he is currently) correctly, despite being one of the best talents they have which is frustrating. Does anybody actually care about Braun at all?

The matches were all fine. Nothing really memorable, but fine.

Then we get to the MiTB match and as we have seen without a crowd you simply can't do a full show with wrestlers coming out one after another to fight in the empty performance center. It's too jarring. You need to break it up. They did it on both nights at WrestleMania and they did it here too with the match being spent racing from the lobby of WWE HQ to the roof to retrieve the briefcase.

It was highly stupid, but like the Boneyard Match and the Cena vs Fiend match (I liked it), it was entertaining. Even Dana Brooke was good in this!

Of course, I was hoping that Asuka would win the match but was far from convinced she would, so I was extremely happy with the outcome. She has been the MVP of WWE for ages, never complains when her booking is rubbish (unlike everyone else) and is ALWAYS entertaining no matter what she's asked to do. It's pretty evident that this is finally not going unnoticed by WWE and it was a big win that was more than well deserved. Seems locked on that she's going to win the title.

Could be tonight but I think they'll keep the briefcase on her for a while.

Otis winning was maybe even a bigger surprise. Another stand out performer that is just inherently entertaining to watch and has been a highlight in these lean times at WWE.

These gimmick matches can clearly be good as long as they don't even try and pretend to take themselves that seriously doing them.

Oh yeah, Rey and Aleister Black were murdered!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Given the news that Alberto Del Rio is an even BIGGER scumbag than we already thought here is Mirko Cro Cop knocking him unconscious. Imagine voluntarily getting in the ring with one of the greatest heavyweight kickboxers ever when you're Alberto Del Rio. At least he can beat up women!

CaptainWacky

Imagine wearing a mask in a MMA fight!

I agree, of course, that it's still just as weird as ever watching straight up wrestling matchs (Drew/Seth was very good) without a crowd. I've kind of gotten used to AEW doing them in front of a small crowd, at least, and I don't get why WWE hasn't copied that yet.

It's really sad what happened to Bray given how hard he worked on his new character. The Goldberg match just derailed him. He pretty much needs ANOTHER total reset and who could survive that.

The Money In The Bank match(es) were entertaining, yeah, but maybe too heavy on the comedy. Some was funny (Vince with his dinosaur skull, Dana with the picture frame on her) but some was jut random and shit (the fake Doink wtf.) I'd have rather it was more of an action movie feel. No complaints about Asuka winning, of course! Otis is weird since I don't know if they'd really put him in the main event singles division. He can't cash in on Drew because that would be stupid and it would pretty much ruin Braun if he cashed in on him. Maybe he'll cash in for a tag title shot like an idiot!

The freaking MURDERS not being played up at all was too much.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Becky Lynch is pregnant.

Despite any rumors, I am not the father.