"You gonna get another job?"...

Oerdin

I try to do as much DIY as I can but this is not something I am willing to do. With water damage and potentially mold issues it needs to get professionally done as there is too much possible legal liability. Everything needs to get tested and documented by certified state licensed professionals and repaired correctly. That way if some future tenant makes a claim about mold I can conclusively prove in court that he is wrong.

I really dislike dropping $15,000 (well, half of that amount as my sister will pay the other half) but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. At least with redone bathrooms they will supposedly be good for several more decades.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. I still don't have any time to post here but I've got enough stuff I need to rant on that I'm going to anyway.

"They" say you should list a rental 2 months before it is going to be available. And that winter is a hard time to find good renters. There is also a new "fair" housing ordinance set to go into effect March 1, so I dutifully listed my house...and had a qualified applicant in the time it took me to walk my dog. And the catch is, he was hoping to move February 21, so I'm scrambling to get everything done. Add to that a downpour during one of my significant move days and a freezing rain storm the next time I moved stuff. Now, once I get everything else done, I'll have to figure out how to get a motorcycle 3 miles when there hasn't been any sun or temperatures above freezing since the ice storm. Go for the stress of riding it? Or the stress of trying to get it up the ramp into the van, strapped down so it doesn't fall, and then back out at the other end?

Then there's the existing renters at the other place. They seem pretty normal. But their blinds are always drawn. I'd worry about this but it made me realize the vast majority of people actually just leave their blinds drawn all the time. It isn't because it's hot. It can't be because everyone works 3rd shift. Is it a Louisville thing? Do people hate natural sunlight? What? Then the other day, the wife mentioned that her car got ransacked. So that night I drive by their place and both their cars are parked in the driveway--right in front of the wonderful 2 car garage they have--even has a garage door opener and remote. So I'm wondering "what do they have going on in the garage?"

Last bit is the origin of this thread: punching a time clock. Occasionally I'll tell myself there are no enjoyable jobs. But then I realize that isn't true. I've had a number of jobs I enjoyed. Either because they were something I liked and was good at and excited by or because I worked with people I liked and respected. Invariably I wind up leaving when a manager leaves and the replacement is worse than useless. My current job sucks--assembly line work as a fill-in worker on Mondays and Fridays. So I either shoot 2 screws and install a latch and a piece of Styrofoam every 16 seconds for 8 hours or I sit around and surf the 'Net on my phone/sweep floors/sort dropped screws/etc for 8 hours. But it meets my needs for pay and maximizing free time to grow my business. And the people I work with are good. Were. They're setting up a new assembly line for our product and our team lead had been over there a lot so this chubby older woman was filling in for him. Meanwhile, his backup got promoted to a different job so a woman who started around the time I did is filling in for her. And Shelly is no Bob while Lora is no Rachael. They're nice people, don't get me wrong, but they just don't get things done, solve problems, and make things work smoothly the way their predecessors do. We regularly just run out of stuff. I wound up learning where the screws are so I could make the rounds and keep everyone supplied.

Last night I was supposed to show Lora how to do basic repairs because Shelly was out the last couple nights. (If a subassembly has a defect like a part that won't fit or a stripped screw, there's a little workbench at the end of our line where you can take it apart, fix the problem, and then put it back into the line to be added to the final product.) We had about 3-4 subassemblies ready for repairs, so I hunted down Lora, who was sitting on a chair in a little alcove, BS'ing with one of the lazier, more useless workers, so I got her and started showing her how to do door repairs. The Plan was to do one myself, walk her through one, and then just watch her do one and only help her out if she got stuck. Finished the first repair and she was like "Oh, I've got to go take care of [blahblah]." So I go find something else to do and wait for Lora to come back. Eventually, since you don't want too many repairs to pile up, I went looking for her. [Blahblah] was done and she was back on her chair, tucked behind a rack, BS'ing with Fat Lazy Girl. So I went and fixed doors. And she never came and asked me to continue training her for the rest of the night.

Meanwhile, we were running low on a part I can't go get myself, so I went looking for Shelly to let her know. She was over in the break area, talking to someone on her phone. So I went to find some way to kill time until she got off her phone. When I got back she was over in the repair area--oh, forgot about that, the repair area also doubles as her "gear bomb"--her lunch and drink and clothes and stuff are strewn all over it so you have to rummage around it to actually work--anyway, she was over there talking to the New Useless Big Boss. I mean, the old Big Boss was pretty useless, but this guy takes it to a whole other level. So I went back to find something to do. At this point the machine operator for the part I was trying to find asks "Hey, have you seen Shelly?" And I pull the part he needs out of my pocket to show to him and tell him what she's up to. Eventually she wanders past so I flag her down and the guy points out that he's got about 30 minutes of parts left. This produces a pow-wow of about 4 old, fairly well paid union people, occasionally talking on radios before wandering off in different directions--oh, that's the other maddening thing about Shelly that Bob and Rachael would never do: all the stations are supplied by bins on gravity fed racks; you walk by a rack that has empty space and you pull the empty bins out of the return chute and load new bins onto the feed chute. She *never* does this. Well 15-20 minutes goes by. No more parts. So finally Barton sees the guy going past that delivers the part (and now I know who he is so I can take care of it too) and talks to him. He says no one told him and 5 minutes later he's reloading the rack with fresh bins. Maybe 5 minutes after that Shelly wanders over and tells Barton that she tried to get ahold of someone to get more supplies but no one got back to her. After she left, I went over and asked if she just told him "oh well, I tried" and he said "basically." Here's the thing: If you've got hundreds, maybe thousands of people on the clock, cranking out expensive consumer goods that are on backorder for weeks, you don't let a production line go down because of a 5 cent part--not even for a minute. "Well, I called but no one answered" isn't acceptable. You either go find the person yourself or you send someone. You do whatever needs to be done to keep things moving.

Well, I should get going. Speaking of keeping things moving, I've got a lot of stuff to do in the next week or so. And none of it is getting done while I sit here and bitch about life.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I try to do as much DIY as I can but this is not something I am willing to do. With water damage and potentially mold issues it needs to get professionally done as there is too much possible legal liability. Everything needs to get tested and documented by certified state licensed professionals and repaired correctly. That way if some future tenant makes a claim about mold I can conclusively prove in court that he is wrong.

I really dislike dropping $15,000 (well, half of that amount as my sister will pay the other half) but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. At least with redone bathrooms they will supposedly be good for several more decades.
Yeah. I'm told water heaters are easy to install but I'd rather pay someone. Even if everything goes flawlessly, they you've still got to go find a ditch to throw the old one in (or whatever). I hate putting a roof on a garage, but I will because it's cheaper for me and simpler than the roof on most houses. But I don't think I'd ever do the actual house. Too much flashing and vents and fiddly bits. And if you pay someone and there's a leak, you can get them back to fix it. Do it yourself and it's Your Problem. So I know what you mean.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh, and last night was Employee Appreciation Night. A lot of it was lame--T-shirt, bag of Doritos and a Hershey bar, tickets for a chance to win our merchandise--if you sign up for the annoying text push that I cancelled because it never tells me anything useful, just a bunch of spam. But after lunch I was noticing A LOT of catering boxes from the cafeteria. A LOT. So I asked Shelly. And sure enough, everyone got a free lunch. Well, everyone but me. "Didn't I tell you? I thought I told you." To be fair, she may have or may not have. Bob would've said "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK, EVERYONE GO HAVE A FREE LUNCH FROM THE CAFETERIA ON THE COMPANY" a few times up and down the line. Shelly goes from person to person and practically whispers it to them. Last night she told us the stop time--basically *at* stop time--and in such a confusing and rambling manner we were all like "what did she just say? Are we done? I think we're done."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
In a hard spot for someone with OCD tendencies. I did good on the new house. And it's really coming together. But the reality is that I've got a house to get ready for a renter by the 21st and there's still stuff in it. It shouldn't be terrible. A good cleaning and touching up picture hanging nail holes; the headboard pulled up some paint in the master bedroom too, but it basically just needs a thorough cleaning. BUT...

It's hard not to fart around at the new place. All the big furniture is here now. Today I should've brought the last load from the house over and maybe made a dent on the garage. Instead I farted around cleaning up junk in the garage here, moving brush to make it easier to park cars until I can get around to burning it, hanging a few curtains, and setting up the stereo and TV. No antenna yet but it actually gets a few stations without one. Really want to set up the Battle Desk, but it is time for a new iteration of it and rather than burn a precious day on that, I should just wait until March (but I might not).

The original Battle Desk was a vintage government surplus desk--the big metal ones. This one, the left side had a spring-loaded shelf for a...typewriter?...You opened the door and pulled on the shelf and it popped up to desktop height. But it was huge and ugly and unwieldy. So Battle Desk 2.0...was also huge and unwieldy. But less ugly. It was an oak 2 drawer file, a 4x4 post, and an oak 2 shelf bookshelf with a plywood top stained to match (and a pencil drawer to boot). Then I moved to Portland OR and a studio apartment, so Battle Desk 2.1 moved the bookcase out to the living room and replaced it and the 4x4 with a board, and the old top went away for a radically cut-down version. But there were annoying things about it. Despite my retrofitting, it was always rickety and awkward. And the top is marginally too long for the space it has to fit in. So Battle Desk 2.2 is needed. And there's more work and engineering than I can justify, given the time I have right now. But I miss having a desk, with a place for incoming mail and all my files handy and not having my laptop on my lap. So the temptation is there. ...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Right now my biggest problem is realizing the place would make a decent sex club. And Louisville desperately needs more sex clubs. So I gotta 1066sf house. 2br. But there's an undefined room at the back that I assume is a dining room. And a basement. And a crawlspace. And a creepy huge closet that they couldn't figure out what to do with so they made it a huge closet. I live by myself. So a 2br place is nice. My bedroom and a guest bedroom. But this place? It makes so much sense to frame off the undefined room into a "bedroom." It can still be a dining room. Just not a dining room with a doorless arch to the kitchen and direct access to the back door. Frame the bugger off and allow for a closet and you now have a 3bry house. But what to do with that room? Do it up as a dining room? Add a home office? Pub/poolhall room? These are options. Or I could just add a second guest bedroom. And set up the living room so it can serve as a bedroom in a pinch. And put a few beds in the basement. And dig out the crawlspace into a cozy, welcoming sex dungeon. The possibilities are endless.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I haven't had to eat anyone, but this project has had a definite Donner Party feel. Before I could move stuff into the rooms where it would go, I wanted to paint the rooms. Before I laid laminate floor I wanted to paint that room. Eventually I got it all done and I was able to go get another load of stuff from the other house...and we had freezing rain for the duration of that night.

Since the weather didn't look like it was supposed to improve any time soon--and I was cognizant of the cost of waiting to the Donner Party--I fired up the mighty GMC Vandura and brought a load over. It hasn't gotten above freezing and we really haven't had any sun, so the ice has been persistent. It was supposed to be marginally better over the weekend, but the weather changed and the roads actually got worse. Then today we had a really nice blizzard--heavy snow, but around 20 so it was dry and powdery--very nice to layer over glare ice. It should insulate just enough to create a thin sheet of water between the ice and the snow for some real driving fun. I'd planned to bring the van back with another load so I could get to work on the garage, but the driveway was so slick I couldn't get the van turned around in it so I just pulled it into the garage and used the car--which barely fit the last of the stuff from the house. Then, while walking The Dog, the snow transitioned to freezing mist. Now it's back to snow again.

I feel bad that the driveway is in such poor shape, but if I stop to work on that, I lose time I had earmarked for cleaning and prepping the rental. Ugh. God has a sick sense of humor.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Life's good. It's not amazaballs, 1998 Cameron Diaz licking your anus great, but it's pretty good. Wait. What were we talking about?

Oh yeah. Someone's supposed to be moving into my old home on Sunday and I haven't finished cleaning it yet, let alone painting or clearing out the garage. On top of that the town has been wracked by horrible winter weather that is seriously interfering with plans (you can't clear out a garage if the driveway is too slick to turn a van around--to say nothing about raking, cleaning windows, and assorted outside tasks).

But I made some progress today. And I'm getting settled into the new place as time permits. I'm at my desk for the first time in almost a week. Actually, the thought that I only moved the flag here last Thursday impresses me for all I've got done. Unfortunately it's on the wrong house. I need to be getting the rental ready. But that's the dilemma, innit? You can't really get a house ready to rent if you're living in it. But it's a lot easier to get a house ready that you're living in--"coffee's brewing. I guess I'll unpack some books and put them on shelves..."

Now I remember why I fired this up! House whisperer. I fancy myself a bit of a house whisperer. I can look at a house and figure out what it wants to be. Ordinarily I would never paint trim anything but white. But I had some extra sage green paint from the bathroom and kitchen and the house seemed to want green trim in the other rooms and it really turned out pretty great. The kicker is that some paint came up around a window pull and on the baseboard where I had to pull a quarter round. Originally it was pine with a shellac finish. But on top of that and under the current white was...almost exactly the shade of green I planned to paint it.

I also mention this because I'm a member of the local real estate investing group. I'm glad to be a member and have learned lots. They have a Facebook page that is also valuable. But one of the things I've learned is that I really know what I'm doing, compared to a lot of people out there. And they make a living at this, so I should be knocking them out of the park. And many of these people are NOT house whisperers. Paint the walls grey, slap in some grey vinyl planking. ... Do every house the same, regardless. Someone posted a "Before & After" to get attaboys and I was like "can I have the 'before'?" Granted, pictures hide things that might be obvious in person, but the guy had what appeared to be a pretty nice fireplace. Decent brick color and a neat staggered stone mantel thing. What appeared to be oak floors. He painted the fireplace white (including the glass screen) and slapped down grey vinyl plank.

Now, having a rental with a fireplace, I can almost see the reason for painting the screen. But white? And this wasn't for a rental, it was for a flip. Even if the fireplace isn't safe to use, it's a fireplace. Play that shit up. Let the buyer realize he shouldn't be building fires in it. I couldn't tell from the photo what the room wanted to be, but I'm sure it didn't want to be a generic flip house.

OK. I know what you're thinking. Because I thunk it too. Fox, you're crazy. You've got to play it safe and play to the lowest common denominator. You can't have a mint green room with an eggplant purple accent wall. You can't let renters have gas ovens. Except that I do. And I'll rent a place in less time than it takes to walk my dog. Well, I should get going. I should be asleep. But instead I need to drink more.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
And we're back to suck land. Alarm set for 7 with a half hour planned for snooze alarm. Dog wakes me up before 6:30. Doesn't want to go Out. Go back to bed. Phone beeps. Furnace is apparently out in the rental.

Now, I've had...fuck, I don't know how many furnaces I've had. Never had one die. How does a furnace that's a little over a year old just die? What is it with renters? These are the people who had huge water bills because the toilet was running for 4 months. Shit, when they were moving in they said the hot water for the washing machine wasn't working. They'd hooked their cold water hookup to the hot. Well, I guess I'd better have some coffee and go be awesome. Furnace guy is on the way between 12 and 2. I should maybe go do initial troubleshooting. And then get to work on the other place. I don't have the time or money for this right now. So close to the finish line and it's one curveball after another. Literally so tired.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
...Not...suck? I dunno. My nerves are just shot right now. Stopped by. Was able to get the furnace going. Everything *looked* right. Ran through some menu options on the thermostat, flipped the shutoff switch on the side of the furnace on and off. Then I found was some kind of safety switch that was knocked loose. Reconnected that, switched the thermostat between Heat, Off, and AC, before going back to heat. They had it set to 72 and it was 61 in the house so I turned the thermostat down to 60 and then bumped it up to 62 and it kicked in. But geez, renters. The hubby apparently got up at 1:30 or so to shut the furnace off and then went to turn it back on around 6. Huh? Who shuts the furnace off? The whole point of the thermostat is you can set the temperature and it will automatically come on and shut off as needed. I dunno, maybe he was speaking imprecisely, but I doubt it.

Also, I had to move their washer to get at the furnace and I had to move their dryer to get the washer out (it's a small closet). At that point I realized the foil duct for the dryer was completely shredded so the dryer was just venting into the house and there was a 6" round hole in the floor leading to a pipe to the outside. How do they not go "oh, this is probably a problem, we should do something about it"? And the scary thing is, I think these are probably *good* renters.

So I took care of that, got a lease signed on the other place and picked up the security deposit, but the guy hemmed and hawed about paying March rent. I know he said he'd be paying the March rent when he paid the week of February rent. This was part of the reason I decided to just waive a week of prorated rent (but mostly because I'm still scrambling to get the place ready. And even if I had all the time I wanted, it wouldn't be as ready as I'd like because I can't do much cleaning and landscaping outside in this weather.

I'm still convinced it is the easiest way to make a living, but geez, it's a lot harder than it needs to be. I hate humans so much.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah, I just don't care at this point. Able to maneuver the van in the driveway yesterday so I brought a load over. I estimate 1 more load, not counting the motorcycle and the TARDIS. Supposed to be 30 today so I pulled the trigger and rented a trailer. Got one designed for motorcycles so it should be easier to load--and easier than the van to load a motorcycle onto if there's time for 2 trips. But small enough that I can unhitch it and turn it around myself instead of having to try to maneuver it in cramped driveways. At least that's the plan. Of course it then decided to snow several inches overnight but I'm like "fuck it, whatever." I just don't care. I'm like a burned out honey badger.

Oerdin

Screw around at the new place later. You have a deadline on the old place so meet that deadline. Hire someone off of Craigslist if you have to.

Oerdin

I also have found some exceptionally stupid renters over the years. A few years back one complained that the dishwasher wasn't draining properly so I went over to take a look. It turns out the retard wasn't rinsing his dishes or even throwing away leftover food before putting the dishes into the dishwasher. Naturally, this quickly clogged the filter at the bottom of the machine, being retard he was, the retard simply removed the filter and kept putting in dishes complete with gobs of leftover food stuck to them. That ended up clogging the drain hose and damaging the motor.

Imagine having to explain to a 30 year old man that he can't throw bones, old salad, leftover rice, and other food waste into the dishwasher and that all of that garbage needs to be rinsed off BEFORE you load the dishes into the dishwasher. The stupid shit even implied it was my fault for buying a cheap or defective dishwasher because nothing could ever be the retard's fault.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This is only the 2nd time I've done this, so don't let this sound like a seasoned expert: It's always hard when you get a new tenant. You wonder if you've made a mistake. But you just have to take the chance and hope you didn't miss anything.

This guy is killin' me. Offered him the place and was ready to take his security deposit but he dragged his feet on that so I decided I could get it when he signed the lease. Said the place would be ready March 1st and he asked if it could be ready earlier and I said I'd try. Didn't know when in February he wanted to move so I just explained prorated rent simply with 2 weeks prorated so I could just halve the monthly rent. He said he wanted to move on the 21st and got completely wrapped around the axle about the prorated amount.

As the deadline has approached he keeps asking me how it's going--by text/e-mail. Meanwhile we got whacked by this crippling winter storm that really limits some of the stuff I can do (can't wash exterior, brush pile is frozen to the ground, etc). Wednesday we finally signed a lease and I got the deposit. Because I didn't think I'd be able to have the garage ready by the 21st--and because at one point he'd said he would be paying the March rent at the same time, I told him I'd waive February's week of rent. So it comes time to write the check and he's like I thought you didn't need any rent until March. Now, this morning, he's again texting me: "How's it coming?" Bitch, is it the 21st? Have you paid me any rent? It's coming. It'll be ready like I promised. Just get off my back and stop stressing me out. Oh, and he only wanted a 1 year lease. And once we got in he starts asking about painting. "I wouldn't change any colors, just freshen it up." That's what I'm doing getting it ready, man.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yup. I was right. Texted him that I'd drop off the garage key when I picked up the March rent and all of a sudden he's like "I can pay that right now." Well, it is what it is. I think the guy's basically OK. He's just a bit of a horse-trader; holding out for the best deal he can get. I can respect that. It's the way the world works.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
As I start to type this, it occurs to me *I* could be the problem. But I don't think so. The new renter *seems* likable enough. But he also has this passive-aggressive/agenda undertone. He makes little jabs like "I realize it's only a rental..." Bitch, you understand that it was my *home* for over 3 years. I'm renting you my home. Or he acts like he's easy-going about stuff and then points out the smallest thing but then says it's OK, he'll deal with it. He plays other little games too. He was texting me about when did I want to do the walk-through and I was like "11:59pm. But I'll try to have it ready earlier." So at 11:12*am* he's like "can I come by?" So I say "Sure. It isn't ready, but you can come by." At which point he texts back "If it isn't ready I'll come by later." Which is fine. But *then* he texts again "should I come by now or later?" He made some comment about binding contracts too that made me uneasy.

Back before he signed the lease, I asked him how long he wanted a lease for and he was like "Just 1 year for now, to see how it goes," which may have been my first warning sign. But that's the lease I gave him. Which is fine. Because 1 year leases work both ways. After a year if this guy is more trouble than he's worth I can just say "sorry, I'm not renewing the lease. Best of luck in your endeavors."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I got the house interior done today. Hoped to at least get The Van loaded, but I put the latch-thing for the back doorknob on backward so it would just go "CLUNK!" and not latch when you closed the door so I had to take it all apart to flip it. And of course now there's actually *more* shit in the garage because passive-aggressive guy was upset that there were bundles of plastic grocery bags up in the attic.

You know what attics need? Insulation. You know what a bundle of plastic grocery bags is? Insulation. But by all means, I'll take them out because I'm sure it will distract from your enjoyment of the hours spent sitting up in the attic, staying perfectly still so you don't fall through the ceiling.

I mean, he wasn't *upset*--"It's fine. It isn't something I want, but I'll work around it. Don't bother yourself."

Oerdin

Listen to how stupid these communists are. The idiot activist communist declares the government should just print decillions (yes, that is a real number) of dollars to buy all property in the US and then everyone should have to pay just 30% of theor income to rent a government apartment. She says she doesn't think there would be any inflationary effect to printing trillions of times as many dollars as exist today. These communists are truly stupid people.

Oerdin

This is only the 2nd time I've done this, so don't let this sound like a seasoned expert: It's always hard when you get a new tenant. You wonder if you've made a mistake. But you just have to take the chance and hope you didn't miss anything.

This guy is killin' me. Offered him the place and was ready to take his security deposit but he dragged his feet on that so I decided I could get it when he signed the lease. Said the place would be ready March 1st and he asked if it could be ready earlier and I said I'd try. Didn't know when in February he wanted to move so I just explained prorated rent simply with 2 weeks prorated so I could just halve the monthly rent. He said he wanted to move on the 21st and got completely wrapped around the axle about the prorated amount.

As the deadline has approached he keeps asking me how it's going--by text/e-mail. Meanwhile we got whacked by this crippling winter storm that really limits some of the stuff I can do (can't wash exterior, brush pile is frozen to the ground, etc). Wednesday we finally signed a lease and I got the deposit. Because I didn't think I'd be able to have the garage ready by the 21st--and because at one point he'd said he would be paying the March rent at the same time, I told him I'd waive February's week of rent. So it comes time to write the check and he's like I thought you didn't need any rent until March. Now, this morning, he's again texting me: "How's it coming?" Bitch, is it the 21st? Have you paid me any rent? It's coming. It'll be ready like I promised. Just get off my back and stop stressing me out. Oh, and he only wanted a 1 year lease. And once we got in he starts asking about painting. "I wouldn't change any colors, just freshen it up." That's what I'm doing getting it ready, man.

Never, ever, ever let anyone move in until they have paid rent and deposit in full. Ever.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Listen to how stupid these communists are. The idiot activist communist declares the government should just print decillions (yes, that is a real number) of dollars to buy all property in the US and then everyone should have to pay just 30% of theor income to rent a government apartment. She says she doesn't think there would be any inflationary effect to printing trillions of times as many dollars as exist today. These communists are truly stupid people.

I mean, what you're talking about there is commonly known as "Georgism," not "communism," and at the heart of it it's a pretty classically liberal ideology -- Adam Smith talked about how a land value tax was one of the few taxes that didn't discourage production. The usual Georgist argument is that you replace taxes on productive things (which would mean, in most cases, eliminating income tax, corporate tax, sales tax, stuff like that) with a "single tax" on the unimproved value of land. I find it a pretty compelling ideology, even if I don't trust this current government -- formed by and for the protection of landlords -- with implementing it.

(Not bothering to watch the video, YouTube is probably #2 after Facebook for websites that give people brainworms.)

No hard feelings against anyone who rents out a property just to get by. It's not your fault what economic system you were born into, and I plan on buying some property to see me through my old age because I don't see that kind of radical change coming any time soon.