Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A drum question

What is a "club salsa percussion"? Curious about what you mean.

We were in Salem MA a few years ago for a getaway and we stumbled across a lovely Indian restaurant that had great food served mostly by a very exotic belly dance who would gyrate her way to our table with our plates and drinks.

But I've never played bongos really in my life. Congas and other multiple percusssion (like balofon, vibraphone, tympanie and other assorted things, my main stay was always trap set.

as in this:

Email_Zildjian-ALCHEM-E_ZAGEX.jpg

What is a "club salsa percussion"? Curious about what you mean.

We were in Salem MA a few years ago for a getaway and we stumbled across a lovely Indian restaurant that had great food served mostly by a very exotic belly dance who would gyrate her way to our table with our plates and drinks.

But I've never played bongos really in my life. Congas and other multiple percusssion (like balofon, vibraphone, tympanie and other assorted things, my main stay was always trap set.

as in this:

It is the name on the side of what I think are bongos. Two small hand drums attached to each other. Just looked it up, they are a bongo drum.

I have another drum in storage, the kind that is double sided.

I will have to look up those other drums you mentioned. I think conga is the other type I have. I just looked it up.

buffalo frame drum (mines a 20 inch and thicker, sounds deeper and more resonant than this. Mine is also handmade, by a native Cree livinfg in Arizona.