A Serious Question for The Question...

The Question

Eternal
You're the fucking OP moron.
He's playing stupid. Ironically, that's such a stupid thing to do that he isn't really playing -- just stupid.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Why did you create a thread where you come out of the closet as gay, possibly bisexual?

I bet you two could swap lingerie.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Which of those things do you think these, "vape pens" look like?

iu

Protip: Your mockery of vaping would be a whole lot more effective if it didn't make you look Blackfoot-level retarded.

Smarten up.
It is disingenuous to argue that this is the standard form factor of vape pen.
Vape pen:
cbd-oil-vape-pen-RK0HFW.jpg

Vape pens:
Vape-Pen-Bloom-Medicinals.jpg

Vape pens:
The-Kind-Pen-Slim-Oil-Premium-Hardware-Liquid_400x400.jpg

Vape pen:
61%2BoZDXBtjL._SX522_.jpg

The Question

Eternal
It is disingenuous to argue that this is the standard form factor of vape pen.
No, it's accurate. The "vape pens" you put on show are shit circa 2013. You wouldn't know that, though, because you're not a vaper. More broadly speaking: Not being a vaper, you don't know your ass from a mudhole on this subject.

The last thing you show off there clearly isn't vaping hardware. If it resembles anything other than what it is, more's the point, it resembles a microphone. So I'll tell you what you do:
OIP.ccWWXlCrLWhmqwiB9m6gtgHaE8

You go track ol' Ted down and pull your, "That'th GAY!" shit with him. See what you get. Fuckin' moron.

The Question

Eternal
Maybe you should stick to subjects you know something about; for example, retrofitting a pedo van so you can have a life-size 1980s tv show tie-in toy as part of the childhood you apparently never grew out of. Huh. Come to think on it, that would explain your level of trolling about an adult subject like tobacco harm reduction; it's way over your developmental level.

The Question

Eternal
Here's a serious question for Volpone:

I'm legally blind, and I can spot the obvious difference between objects the size and shape of a felt-tipped marker versus objects the size and shape of a studio microphone.

So what's your fuckin' excuse?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Uh-huh. Sure. OK. I'll tell The Internet that it is wrong and that vape pens don't look like this. I'll also make it a point to tell basically every vaper that I see with a pen like these that they don't know what they're doing and that they're doing it all wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

See? I knew this thread was going to be useful for something! :)

The Question

Eternal
Uh-huh. Sure. OK. I'll tell The Internet that it is wrong and that vape pens don't look like this. I'll also make it a point to tell basically every vaper that I see with a pen like these that they don't know what they're doing and that they're doing it all wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.
"The internet" already knows that the majority of vapers don't use "vape pens." And knows that "vape pens" aren't the size and shape of studio microphones. This is a subject you clearly know fuck-all about.

I get that you're trying to troll me about it, but you're a know-nothing trying to troll someone with knowledge and experience on this topic; all you're managing to do is make yourself look like a hopeless mongoloid. Granted, that's mildly irritating, but only inasmuch as it's always irritating to be reminded that this is a world in which eugenics isn't in place to prevent the proliferation of retards.

jack

Except it's not a microphone, howie.

The Question

Eternal
This thread is useful, though. Volpone has made an object lesson of himself.

Any grown man who can't tell the difference between this:
iu

Or this:
iu

And this:

Should not be permitted to live on his own, operate a motor vehicle, or engage in any other tasks which require sound visual acuity or mental competence. He should be under third party supervision at all times. For his own safety.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Geez, you cry more than a butthurt liberal. Have less of a sense of humor too. Look, I'm sorry I made you cry. We'll just forget about it and I'll remember in the future that you're awfully fragile and thin-skinned. :(

jack

So Imperium is your dual I guess?

The similarities are striking.

The Question

Eternal
Geez, you cry more than a butthurt liberal. Have less of a sense of humor too. Look, I'm sorry I made you cry. We'll just forget about it and I'll remember in the future that you're awfully fragile and thin-skinned. :(
You wouldn't have to make shit up if the truth made you look good. In this case, the truth is, you made yourself look like a drooling retard.

Try... ohhh, I dunno, not doing that.

USUC

Trollzilla
This thread is useful, though. Volpone has made an object lesson of himself.

Any grown man who can't tell the difference between this:
iu

Or this:
iu

And this:

Should not be permitted to live on his own, operate a motor vehicle, or engage in any other tasks which require sound visual acuity or mental competence. He should be under third party supervision at all times. For his own safety.
Um, do you really believe that Volpone doesn’t know the difference between those devices? That makes hm either wildly retarded or you incredibly naive/gullible.

The Question

Eternal
Um, do you really believe that Volpone doesn’t know the difference between those devices?
If you think I believe that, you haven't been paying attention. Like I said upthread, he was playing stupid.

The Question

Eternal
If you can't figure out who the OP is on a message board thread, you don't belong on message boards.

Goodbye GIF

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. This thread was supposed to be good, wholesome, harmless fun--like making hoboes fight over a ham sandwich. But since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I'll actually ask a serious question:

Back in the early 2000s, "hookah bars" were all the rage. There's still some around now, but back then they were huge. And the argument made was, because of the water pipe, all the harmful tar and stuff was filtered out of the smoke so you only got the enjoyable effects of tobacco. Of course as it turned out from the science, the water pipe just cooled the smoke down so you lungs were able to more efficiently absorb all the harmful tar and cancer and stuff. So I had to stop going to hookah bars.

Does that relate in any way to vaping or smokeless tobacco? I don't think you get the tar in either because you aren't burning anything, but given that chewing tobacco is known to give people mouth cancer, it seems like you aren't reducing your health risks that much. (I mean, any amount is better than nothing, but just trying to understand.)

Meanwhile you have nicotine patches and nicotine gum. Have there been any cancer links to them? (Yes, I can google all this. Just trying to make a conversation.)

The Question

Eternal
OK. This thread was supposed to be good, wholesome, harmless fun--like making hoboes fight over a ham sandwich. But since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I'll actually ask a serious question:

Back in the early 2000s, "hookah bars" were all the rage. There's still some around now, but back then they were huge. And the argument made was, because of the water pipe, all the harmful tar and stuff was filtered out of the smoke so you only got the enjoyable effects of tobacco. Of course as it turned out from the science, the water pipe just cooled the smoke down so you lungs were able to more efficiently absorb all the harmful tar and cancer and stuff. So I had to stop going to hookah bars.

Does that relate in any way to vaping or smokeless tobacco? I don't think you get the tar in either because you aren't burning anything, but given that chewing tobacco is known to give people mouth cancer, it seems like you aren't reducing your health risks that much. (I mean, any amount is better than nothing, but just trying to understand.)
The harm in smoking stems from two causes: First is combustion byproducts -- carbon monoxide, tar, etc. You don't get that with vapor. Second is the additives used by tobacco companies, most of which pump up the level of compounds called tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs) in order to make cigarettes and chew more addictive by amplifying the rapidity of nicotine uptake along with the perceived stimulant effect. Vapor doesn't contain the combustion byproducts or TSNAs of either cigarettes or chew. Neither does nasal snuff.
Meanwhile you have nicotine patches and nicotine gum. Have there been any cancer links to them? (Yes, I can google all this. Just trying to make a conversation.)
No. The nicotine in those, by the way, is sourced the same way the nicotine in e-liquid for vaping is. Don't expect to hear any of the "health experts" squealing about vaping say a word about patches or gum, though, because the pharmaceutical companies that bankroll those "experts" only want the competition off the market. The anti-vaping campaign never was, and is not now, about anybody's health.