A Serious Question for The Question...

The Question

Eternal
Would you pay a 30% premium to not have to deal with stupid people?

e.g.: $100 for groceries that you could get for $66 at another store--only you'd have to deal with produce that rots before you get it home, 2 out of 11 check-stands open, bewildered shoppers blocking the lanes while on their phone to find out which mac&cheez to get, people who can't figure out how to pay for their order, and no one to bag so the checker stops after every shopper to bag.
Money's too tight, and stupid people too ubiquitous, for that to be anything other than an unaffordable luxury.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Would you pay a 30% premium to not have to deal with stupid people?

e.g.: $100 for groceries that you could get for $66 at another store--only you'd have to deal with produce that rots before you get it home, 2 out of 11 check-stands open, bewildered shoppers blocking the lanes while on their phone to find out which mac&cheez to get, people who can't figure out how to pay for their order, and no one to bag so the checker stops after every shopper to bag.

Sounds like Costco.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
You're paddling a canoe down a historic river before it is dammed up and you realize you're hopelessly lost. Do you:
1) Pull over and ask those nice hillbillies for directions or
2) Smile and wave politely and then paddle like hell?

The Question

Eternal
^^Reminds me of another thought experiment:

You dream that you're driving the luxury sports car you've always wanted to own. It handles beautifully. The bass purr of the engine, the sweet, perfect responsiveness of the machine, the smell of the premium leather interior, it's all perfectly vivid -- so vivid you forget that it's only a dream. From city streets, where you bask in the admiration of the other drivers and of the pedestrians who stare in awe at your beautiful, powerful car, to the wide open who-cares-about-speed-limits freedom of a desert highway, you couldn't be happier.

But it's up in the mountains, on tightly winding roads, that your perfect car truly shines, handling every curve with surgical precision, and at a higher rate of speed than even you ever believed it capable of -- it's almost like flying. But then... something goes wrong. The steering becomes weak, "mushy." You try to slow down... and the brake pedal provides no resistance at all -- your brakes are gone. You're headed down a steep grade toward a curve so tight that you know, instinctively, that you won't make it. You pump the brakes furiously -- to no avail. You try to steer a little toward the outside, hoping that if you can angle the turn just right, you might make it... but now the steering is completely unresponsive.

You're hurtling toward a 500 foot drop in a car with no steering, and no brakes. What do you do?!

Stop dreaming.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Well shit, I found it back. Is it worthwhile to merge these threads?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Is there anything wrong with doing karaoke and intentionally picking chick songs as a dude and singing them with unchanged lyrics unironically? Like "Shoop" by Salt N Pepa, or "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Is there anything wrong with doing karaoke and intentionally picking chick songs as a dude and singing them with unchanged lyrics unironically? Like "Shoop" by Salt N Pepa, or "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain?
Nope. Nothing wrong with that.

*starts singing Let It Go from the movie Frozen*

Donovan

beer, I want beer
^^Reminds me of another thought experiment:

You dream that you're driving the luxury sports car you've always wanted to own. It handles beautifully. The bass purr of the engine, the sweet, perfect responsiveness of the machine, the smell of the premium leather interior, it's all perfectly vivid -- so vivid you forget that it's only a dream. From city streets, where you bask in the admiration of the other drivers and of the pedestrians who stare in awe at your beautiful, powerful car, to the wide open who-cares-about-speed-limits freedom of a desert highway, you couldn't be happier.

But it's up in the mountains, on tightly winding roads, that your perfect car truly shines, handling every curve with surgical precision, and at a higher rate of speed than even you ever believed it capable of -- it's almost like flying. But then... something goes wrong. The steering becomes weak, "mushy." You try to slow down... and the brake pedal provides no resistance at all -- your brakes are gone. You're headed down a steep grade toward a curve so tight that you know, instinctively, that you won't make it. You pump the brakes furiously -- to no avail. You try to steer a little toward the outside, hoping that if you can angle the turn just right, you might make it... but now the steering is completely unresponsive.

You're hurtling toward a 500 foot drop in a car with no steering, and no brakes. What do you do?!

Stop dreaming.
Steer toward the wall. Unless you're straddling the very top of a hill, one side of the curvy road is a cliff wall or some other natural stop that will damage the car but not kill you. Failing that, throw the fucker in park. You'll rip the tyranny apart but again...not dead.

jack

That sounds awesome.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Well since the topic is asking a banned member questions, it probably doesn't matter.

I was a karaoke MC briefly in college. It was interesting in those days, the regulars that had basically set lists and some would even get dressed up. On the other end of the spectrum I was at a karaoke night 10-15 years later in DC where the intent was to be intentionally bad and/or drunk. I dunno. I actually kinda enjoy the folks that take karaoke seriously.

I just realized The Blues Brothers did "Stand by Your Man" in the country bar in the movie, unironically.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Dusty Springfield's "Son of a Preacher Man" FTW.

jack

Dusty Springfield's "Son of a Preacher Man" FTW.

I remember when that song first came out.

I'd travel and pay to see you perform that.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
"It's Raining Men."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Bonnie Tyler, "I Need a Hero."

jack

He's done with TK either way, from what he's been saying at Bedlam.

But still, I think it's a permaban, although a couple of his duals seem to still be active ...

jack

He's done with TK either way, from what he's been saying at Bedlam.

But still, I think it's a permaban, although a couple of his duals seem to still be active ...
I love how when they ban they main, they forget about all the account's duals. Probably because despite the AQ they still don't really know.

Makes it rather "interesting".

jack