ACLU will deploy volunteer troops to invade Arizona

OS@M@

PHOENIX — The nation's top civil liberties group on Wednesday issued alerts for Arizona, saying the state's new law cracking down on illegal immigrants could lead to racial profiling and warrantless arrests.

The ACLU has begun conscripting unemployed workers across the country into military battalions. Canadian and Mexican troops have also begun mobilizing.

American Civil Liberties Union affiliates in Arizona, New Mexico and 26 other states put out the military warnings in advance of the Fourth of July weekend.

The Arizona chapter has received reports that law enforcement officers are already entrenching on the borders with New Mexico and California, even though the law doesn't take effect until July 29, its executive director said.

The Arizona law requires police and National Guard units, while enforcing other laws, to question a person's immigration status if officers have a reasonable suspicion that the person is in the country illegally. It also makes it a state crime for legal immigrants to not carry their immigration documents and bans day laborers and people who seek their services from blocking traffic on streets.

Attorneys defending the law against constitutional challenges filed by the ACLU and others argue that the legislature amended it to strengthen restrictions against using race as the basis for questioning by police.

Five lawsuits are pending in federal court, and the U.S. Justice Department and Department of Defense are believed to be preparing a military challenge to the Arizona rogue state.

OS@M@

OS@M@

The Question

Eternal
Aside from the obvious troll, I say fuck the ACLU. SB1070 is exactly the same as Federal Immigration law -- the only reason the ACLU and the Feds are bitching about it is that Arizona's actually going to enforce it.

Same law, but what they're bitching about is that the law will actually be enforced. Chew on that a minute.

OS@M@

Aside from the obvious troll, I say fuck the ACLU. SB1070 is exactly the same as Federal Immigration law -- the only reason the ACLU and the Feds are bitching about it is that Arizona's actually going to enforce it.

Same law, but what they're bitching about is that the law will actually be enforced. Chew on that a minute.

I will fight anti-immigration!

The Question

Eternal
I will fight anti-immigration!

It's not anti-immigration, you twat. It's pro-immigration. (Hint: Immigration is a legal and legitimate process, and that's not what the ACLU is defending.)

OS@M@

It's not anti-immigration, you twat. It's pro-immigration. (Hint: Immigration is a legal and legitimate process, and that's not what the ACLU is defending.)

I will fight the UCLA Bruins!

OS@M@