Adultery is still a Crime

So here we are, in 2007, and you can still be put into jail for Adultery.

It's true, even in a liberal, "Blue" state like California, sleeping with someone other than your spouse is a crime.

It is not just a civil matter, it's not just grounds for a favorable divorce settlement (where it makes sense as a "breach of contract"), but it's a crime against the state.

In a divorce, it's a civil matter, "Smith vs. Smith". However, in a crime, the offense is considered to be a danger to the society at large, so it's "Smith Vs. the State of California". It is the prosecutor or DA who decides, not the guilty party's spouse, if the charges are pressed (much the same as in domestic Violence cases).

So, the State, and I believe this law is on the books in all 50 of the US states, feels that Adultery is a danger to the "Good Order" of society. It's rarely enforced, but it can be, it's still on the books.

Just because the Government doesn't usually press a charge doesn't mean it won't....

If over 50% (conservative estimate) of married couples have an adulterous partner at some time...that's a lot of jail-fodder isn't it?
-SB

The Question

Eternal
Yep. Seems an unnecessary burden to incarcerate everyone who cheats.

Castrate and/or plug them instead. More effective, less burdensome.

Tyrant

Here's a wacky idea: Don't marry if you want to fool around.

The Question

Eternal
Messenger said:
Here's a wacky idea: Don't marry if you want to fool around.

ZOMG STOP MAKING SENSE IT SCARES THE SLUTS AWAY!!! :wah!:

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
See, homosexuals should be glad they aren't allowed to marry, they can freely hump whomever they want.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
So when someone admits on this forum that they cheated on their spouse - that is against the law? Therefore goes against the rules of this forum?

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
No, that would be like not being able to post about anal or oral sex because it violates states' sodomy laws.

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
No, I don't think that either. Federal laws can be as obscure and as easy to unintentionally break as State laws.

Have you seen any posts about tax evasion? Software/other piracy?

Ass pirates!

Cranky Bastard

I would get life in prison. Or the electric chair in some states.

Cranky Bastard

People have been fucking since the dawn of time. This fascination with heretical christian sects that permeates today's culture is a disservice to mankind.

The same kumbaya assholes that gave us gnostic heresies about all of us being God are the same pussies that have given us the idea that sexual abstinence is godliness. Funny how those idiotic ideas are quietly ignored.

God gave me a dick and her a pussy. I'm using it.