Am I the only one who loathes Bono?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Discuss!!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wouldn't say that I loathe him, but I don't love him or anything. When he started thinking his money and fame made his opinions valid I stopped caring what he had to say.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I loathe him too. He's a sanctimonius fuckwit with nauseating double standards, and is so full of his own self-importance, it's practically bleeding out of his pores.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Russell Brand: “Now to introduce our next winner we have a special guest, live via satellite orbiting his own egoBono!"

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think it's more unusual NOT to loathe Bono these days.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
*sniffles*

I'm not alone! It's so beautiful.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I still love him. I started following U2 early on, and watching their trajectory from "that new wave band" in the pre-Live-Aid days to their explosion with Joshua Tree and beyond has been great.

The man has all this fame and power, and instead of being a dried-out fameball, he's trying to use it for a greater good. He does his homework on the issues he speaks about, and he's willing to go directly to the people whose ear will matter the most to get the message across. Why? Because he can. Also, he actually gets results sometimes.

I don't begrudge him one bit of his success. Not just because of his exploits into causes, but mostly because the band still doesn't suck after all these years.

CaptainWacky

GOOD FOR YOU, EGGS, for not going along with internet trends!!!!

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
I didn't read the other posts but no, you're not. He's a self righteous fuck.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^Yeah, that happens.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
GOOD FOR YOU, EGGS, for not going along with internet trends!!!!

[YOUTUBE]W5S-H4uE0y0[/YOUTUBE]

MAYBE Y'ALL HAVEN'T HEARD I DON'T SHINE NO SHOES NO MORE!

Toxicdistortion

TK addict
I'm all for him. Like Eggs, I started following the band in 1981 and have been along for
the ride ever since. I can completely understand why a lot of people hate him, he is
definitely an egomaniac. However, there are a LOT of people with his level of fame and
money who don't do shit. And love him or hate him, he tries, which is more than a dead
child molester ever did.

+1 to Bono.

CaptainWacky

Why did you have to ruin it with the cliched MJ remark at the end?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I wonder if he ever did find what he was looking for?