Amir Khan will be a Superstar.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
44963985841803894809.jpg

He was fantastic last night. Paulie Malignaggi is no push over but against the sheer technical brilliance and conditioning of Amir it was all in vain from the start really. I ended up staying up until 7AM to watch the match live aired from Madison Square Gardens and it was worth it even if I do feel a bit groggy today.

Amir is only 23 and he has every single ingredient to become a phenomenon in the sport IMO. It was his US debut and he capped it with style. He's fantastic for British and World boxing. Now all he needs to do is work on that weak chin of his and he will be unstoppable.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Unfortunately, he'll be disliked in the US, simply because he appears to be of Arabian descent. Besides, Americans aren't all that interested in Boxing. It doesn't have a dozen black millionaires beating the shit out of one another on ESPN. We also like to joke that it's a sport where two men fight eachother over a purse. We can't condone such homo-erotic sporting events.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Unfortunately, he'll be disliked in the US, simply because he appears to be of Arabian descent. Besides, Americans aren't all that interested in Boxing. It doesn't have a dozen black millionaires beating the shit out of one another on ESPN. We also like to joke that it's a sport where two men fight eachother over a purse. We can't condone such homo-erotic sporting events.

He's from a Pakistani background. Last time I checked, they weren't Arabs, and who fucking cares what Americans think of our boxers?

Having said that, Khan has piles and piles of ability, but he's already let his ego run away with him once, and got put on his backside by an accomplished journeyman. He still needs to build slowly and work on his defence, because he often gets caught by uppercuts.

Having said that, I watched the fight with my old man (who wanted me to be a boxer - he fought over 100 amateur fights himself at the same weight as Khan), and we were both impressed.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I've liked him ever since I happened to tune into him during the Olympics when he was, IIRC, just 17. Can't really speak for his technical abilities, since I don't know a lot about boxing, but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and a great family to support him.