Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Hour Well Spent...

Friday

Bazinga!
I recently bumped into a dramatic reading of Howard Zinn's Voices of a People's History of the United States. It is the companion volume to Zinn’s legendary People’s History of the United States For the uninitiated, People's History... is basically American History from a non eurocentric point of view.

"Voices.." contains the speeches, poems, first hand accounts, etc. that are taken from "People's History...". Fascinating stuff, IMO.

Here's the link:

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/26/160202

Check it out. It'll make you laugh, cry, but most importantly...it'll make you think.

Should be an interesting read, though I suspect that "non-Eurocentric" -- as in most applications of the term -- really translates to "blame Whitey."

Still, I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

I think I was too vague, TQ. Sorry.

The link is to a realplayer video of a dramatic reading by various and sundry people, including Marisa Tomei and Danny Glover.

Enjoy!! :)