An "Ironclad" style soap-box: why are we here (on TK)

Comrades,

I shall pose the question: Why does this place exist?
And further pose the question: Why are we posting here?

Originally, this place was a safe harbor from tyranny.
Originally, this place may have been a place to discuss technique, both stylistic and technical.
Originally, this place was an off-shot community, not a community in itself.

Over the years, this place has become something else.

Evidence the minefield and badlands as examples of "community".
Evidence the lack of original complaints in GFHH as examples of the lack of any true crusade against "tyranny".
Evidence the cannibalistic tenancy on this board for the "Trolls to attempt to Troll the Trolls", and the real debate on if this is a triumph of the ultimate order, or simple masturbation.
Evidence the constant technical changes done to this board. I believe this is actually a device used by the owners/administrators to artificially generate conflict, as anyone who watches "reality" TV knows that conflict makes things interesting. The question becomes if this is a survival mechanism, or an ingrained aspect of the audience/management?

Speak to me, Comrades. Why are you here? Why is "here" here? To what purpose is TK devoted. And if it is nothing...why is it still here 7+ years after it's founding in some form or the other?

And Skin, dammit, where are you?

-SB

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
Skin got skinned.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Skin was never "Skin." The man got lucky with Yeoman Rand but quickly lost interest - Che and others had to use to his account to keep it alive. Given this, I ask you: Was Skin ever a separate entity in his own right or did he embody TK as a whole?

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
It is a homey place. Cowards are unable to take pot shots and then hide behind rules and regulations. Here, one can do what one wants, post what you want where you want-- within oft-contested limits. You can be whomever you want to be, and not maintain a consistant personality.

I seriously considered becoming a Monk at one point in my life.

Yes, with the whole "Obedience, Poverty, Chastity" vow. How's THAT for a break in my on-line persona. (sigh).

-SB

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
[ame="http://www.trollkingdom.net/forum/showpost.php?p=851936&postcount=11"]Troll Kingdom - View Single Post - Identity Crisis at TK?[/ame] says it best, though Cait's current av could use some work.

How can I argue with someone who posts my own words of wisdom?

But...times have changed in the last couple of years. Now that I have god-like Rogue Admin powers, I feel there must be more...

-SB

P. S. However, the "you are all here for my entertainment" statement still stands.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
Sadistic Bastard said:
P. S. However, the "you are all here for my entertainment" statement still stands.
Consider yourself lucky if I happen to entertain you, as I'm only here to entertain myself.

Consider yourself lucky if I happen to entertain you, as I'm only here to entertain myself.

You can say that all you want, but we BOTH know where the idea for the trombone and the platform shoes came from...

-SB

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
You can say that all you want, but we BOTH know where the idea for the trombone and the platform shoes came from...

-SB

Gah, I dislike the music from the Music Man.

And meh to the trombone.

I thought that was what your Avatar was?