Annoying Phrases or Word Trends

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Kids have new slang, "cap" and "bet", which mildly annoy me because I only vaguely understand them and that means I'm fucking old now. Both words meant different slang "back in my day" which means I'm THAT fucking guy when I try to explain it.

I hate the made up word 'Ginormous'.

And I hate any person who utters a self-referential "alpha male" or any of the other common phrasing that group of douchebags favors...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
"Dude"

The Question

Eternal
Kids have new slang, "cap" and "bet", which mildly annoy me because I only vaguely understand them and that means I'm fucking old now. Both words meant different slang "back in my day" which means I'm THAT fucking guy when I try to explain it.

I hate the made up word 'Ginormous'.

And I hate any person who utters a self-referential "alpha male" or any of the other common phrasing that group of douchebags favors...
Huh. You haven't died yet.

Mirah

I love you
"Normalize"

"Whole" ex " That is a whole mood" or "a whole 'nother level of...."
I am pretty sure people say "nother" instead of other.

The Question

Eternal
"I identify as [x]."

No, you don't. You identify as somebody who identifies as [x]. If you really thought you were [x], you'd just be [x]. The fact that you go around "identifying as" means that you know damned well that you're not [x] -- you're just trying to pressure the rest of us into pretending along with you.

Donovan

beer, I want beer

The Question

Eternal
Odds favor you taking a dirt nap first.
You'd have said the same about me and Tamar. Or me and El Chup. Or me and Dual. Or me and 'Gear. Maybe you're not so good at calculating the odds.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
You'd have said the same about me and Tamar. Or me and El Chup. Or me and Dual. Or me and 'Gear. Maybe you're not so good at calculating the odds.
Don't really much matter. You're like that creepy old janitor at the 20th high school reunion that everyone is shocked to see still wandering the halls pushing that same raggedy broom that he lovingly calls Turdforge and mumbling incoherently to himself. Good luck with that, we'll see you next year...still here.

The Question

Eternal
we'll see you next year...still here.
You mean just like the rest of the board's userbase? And who brought up Wrodfrodge in this thread, pumpkin? :yes:

But since you brought 'em up, you're a shining example of what's wrong with the place. You used to be a midwit. They've dragged you down. Turned you into an idiot.

jack

thumb_suckmyass-youlil-bitch-fight-meh-memegenerator-net-suck-my-ass-you-53646499.png

Donovan

beer, I want beer
You mean just like the rest of the board's userbase? And who brought up Wrodfrodge in this thread, pumpkin? :yes:

But since you brought 'em up, you're a shining example of what's wrong with the place. You used to be a midwit. They've dragged you down. Turned you into an idiot.
Which place, Word forge? Never really posted there more than a couple times, wasn't my cup of tea. Most of what I know about them is the occasional cross posting and the fact that they once chapped your ass and you
Never.
Shut.
The.
Fuck.
Up.
About it.
Just like the mumbling old creepy janitor in my apt analogy. Christ, even Jack and I made nice when we finally grew the fuck up and realized life is too damn short for childish internet feuds. And we might be the twin fucking EMPERORS of nursing grudges.
I come back to TK for nostalgia and because I genuinely like and interact regularly with people I first met right here. Not to rehash that one time two or three decades ago when somebody gave you a swirly in the gym locker toilet and you never got over it.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
. . . I don't see turning out generations of adults who actually crave dependence and to be dictated to by "authority figures" as being a good thing.
Congratulations, you've just identified the main problem with the modern "progressive," who wants Mommy Gub'Mint to Do All The Things for them and make the bad people go away.

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
Which place, Word forge? Never really posted there more than a couple times, wasn't my cup of tea. Most of what I know about them is the occasional cross posting and the fact that they once chapped your ass and you
Never.
Shut.
The.
Fuck.
Up.
About it.
Just like the mumbling old creepy janitor in my apt analogy. Christ, even Jack and I made nice when we finally grew the fuck up and realized life is too damn short for childish internet feuds. And we might be the twin fucking EMPERORS of nursing grudges.
I come back to TK for nostalgia and because I genuinely like and interact regularly with people I first met right here. Not to rehash that one time two or three decades ago when somebody gave you a swirly in the gym locker toilet and you never got over it.
Once again, D-lister: You're the one who brought it up.

If I give you a nickel, will you promise to invest it in whatever amount of self-awareness you can get for it? Because I guarantee that, however infinitesimal a portion that is, it'll be more than you've got now.

-Be me
-Don't mention the cocksuckers of WF
-The cocksuckers of WF: "dErRrR hE nEvEr ShUtS uUuUuUuP aBoUt wRoDfRoDgE deHeHeHeHeHeHeRrRrR!!!"

Yeah, there is a one-way fixation going on, ya fuckin' kumquat -- and it's you cucks 'n' queers holding it.

Makes me smile that I'm your boogedyman, but maybe you can do us a favor and scream and cry about it Over There.

The Question

Eternal
Congratulations, you've just identified the main problem with the modern "progressive," who wants Mommy Gub'Mint to Do All The Things for them and make the bad people go away.
Careful you don't get yourself banned for not following WF rules while not on WF. It happens. ;)

jack

Just checking in

Mirah

I love you
Never.
Shut.
The.
Fuck.
Up.
About it.

Hey remember that one time 2 decades ago when we made eyes at each other?
Yeah, that was fun.