Any Winehouse may be a trainwreck

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
But she's still hot AND I DON'T CARE WHO DISAGREES

1055.imgcache.jpg

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
she's just out of rehab this week I understand - hope it takes cuz she does have great talent. But I don't know if it will. :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]5LTPRJqt2z4[/YOUTUBE]

FUCK YOU EMBEDDING DISABLED PEOPLE

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
She's not hot. Maybe she was years ago before the drugs, but she's not hot now.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
She's talented and royally fucked up. Sometimes that is very attractive.

I dont think anyone would accuse her of being stereotypically beautiful.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
She's talented and royally fucked up. Sometimes that is very attractive.

I dont think anyone would accuse her of being stereotypically beautiful.
Sexy in a trashy kind of way I guess. Like, she'd do anything (and probably had and is probably good at it). I don't know her personal story, but what I gather from her music is she is in a lot of pain (emotional) for one reason or another and for her drugs has been her out (and music). I don't judge her for that, mainly because I don't think her music has glorified it or tried to sell it as a cool thing. Even the song Cassie posted (perhaps her most famous) if you really listen to the lyrics she is saying rehab doesn't help her, not that it's cool to take drugs.

Just my take. I do not know all her music and could be wrong.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
She's this generation's Billie Holiday: her fans are ready to martyr her before she even kicks.

'Rehab' and 'Tears Dry On Their Own' will always be in my playlists forever and ever.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I only just recently started listening to her, because DIAL UP, but I think she's kinda awesome, and Rehab is kick ass. I'm not sexually attracted to her, but I like her hair (not the beehive).

Sometimes it seems like people forget that famous people are people and just as prone to be a fuck up as the rest of us, and then add the money and attention and probably free dope and BAM! GIRL INTERRUPTED! At least they can afford nice rehab.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Her original work is fantastic and she was a great artist. It's all gone to pot now though. She is a junkie plain and simple. But even worse than your average junkie she's a very rare kind. One with a lot of money. Even worse.

As for being hot? No way. She has destroyed herself and now simply cuts a rather tragic figure.

She used to be an attractive girl with loads of talent and the fact that she is younger than me is still shocking. She's an addict and should be looked on with pity. She could have been one of the greats.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh, you're doing this on purpose now.

CaptainWacky

She got booed off stage a couple of nights ago.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The list of celebrities on Wikipedia who died from alcohol and their ages is a scary read.

CaptainWacky

Ten years since Hambil was last active according to his profile.

MODMAN

She was born 2 years after me yet died 10 years ago.

Also, I just realised I'm a few years older than Princess Di at the time of her death.

Yet, look at what they achieved in their relatively short lives.

Then I look at my life and evaluate my achievements and success. I guess ... I'm still here and older than they ever will be - so I win.

whisky

Boobie inspector
You might never have made an album or got rid of landmines, but at least you drink in moderation and wear seatbelts.

CaptainWacky

Oh yeah, just looked it up and she died July 23rd 2011...a month after this thread was started. Weird none of us bumped it at the time.