ask Squirtle the Turtle

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
I am not an expert at biblical interpretation but it seems to me that there is hardly any kind of nourishment mentioned in the bible.
Off the top of my head the only foods I can recall are grasshoppers, manna, fish, bread, honey, sheep, goat and veal and the only beverages are water, milk and wine.

Is there any other food mentioned in the bible?
Is it known what people ate in the orient 2000 years ago?
Why are so few references to nourishment in the bible? Did people regard the topic as not so important? (In - or close to - a desert, one propably does have to eat and drink what one can get, but on the other hand the fact that there isn't much to eat and drink would make the topic even more important.)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
They ate figs as well. I remember a story about how Jesus was hungry and came across a fig tree that had no fruit. He got pissed off and cursed the fig tree.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I believe in the fifth chapter of Kings there was some mention of Cheetohs.

Mirah

I love you
I am not an expert at biblical interpretation but it seems to me that there is hardly any kind of nourishment mentioned in the bible.
Off the top of my head the only foods I can recall are grasshoppers, manna, fish, bread, honey, sheep, goat and veal and the only beverages are water, milk and wine.

Is there any other food mentioned in the bible?
Is it known what people ate in the orient 2000 years ago?
Why are so few references to nourishment in the bible? Did people regard the topic as not so important? (In - or close to - a desert, one propably does have to eat and drink what one can get, but on the other hand the fact that there isn't much to eat and drink would make the topic even more important.)

Because, whatever God provided, was nourishment.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
I don't recall any felines being mentioned, but frogs turn up in the old testament (2 Mos. 8.1). However, while nowadays they are considered a delicacy, I think the old Egyptians (and the exiled Hebrews as well) didn't count them as edible. After all, a surplus of food wouldn't have been much of a plague.