Bad Purchasing Decision

The Question

Eternal
I've been trying various flavors of Stillhouse "moonshine" lately. The original is decent, so I figured I'd try their other offerings. "Apple Crisp" is okay, if pretty underwhelming. A buddy of mine brought me the "coconut" flavor -- surprisingly, I liked it better than "Apple Crisp". I say surprisingly because I'm not really a fan of coconut-flavored anything. Haven't tried the "red hot" version, I expect it'll be like Fireball. Blah.

But tonight it was between "coconut", which I'd already tried, or "Mint Chip." This is the most disappointing version yet. White dog whiskey and "mint chocolate chip" flavors do not go. It's what I imagine eating mint chip ice cream out of a crusty gym sock would be like. I'll finish it, of course -- I paid for it, and I don't waste money or booze. But let's just say it's gonna last a while.

:pissed:

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
The only whisky I drink is Jameson's.

The Question

Eternal
I don't have an "only whisky I drink." I like variety, can't go long term with any one flavor. Might be bourbon one weekend, rum the next, gin the weekend after that. All about the adventure.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I am not a liquor drinker in general. I likes me my Jamesons, and the Macallen. Otherwise I drink cab.

The Question

Eternal
I have no truck with wines, unless one counts mead during the winter. Nothing beats mead in the wintertime, unless it’s a nice chilled mead during the summertime.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
What are you, a 17 year old girl? If you want liquor to have a flavor, you add a mixer. You don't buy flavored booze.*

*Except maybe schnapps.**

**But who drinks schnapps? This is the 21st century.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh, and maybe Fireball. I'll allow Fireball on a rare occasion.

The Question

Eternal
What are you, a 17 year old girl? If you want liquor to have a flavor, you add a mixer. You don't buy flavored booze.

Tellin' me you drink Everclear, hoss? Because everything else has a flavor. Bourbon and Rye are my usual go-to, but they got flavors, too. Oak, vanilla, etc. Even 'shine has a sort of sweet corn flavor (presumably both the mass market fake shit and the real thing made by guys whose progenitor has more than one familial title and who, between three of 'em, have a dozen corn-kernel teeth but six dozen toes.).

I don't know where we got this myth that it's "manly" to not add flavors to shit. Nobody says it's unmanful to grab a cola instead of tonic water. "Why, yew jis' ain't a man 'less yew drenk out'n the toilet! That thur's water the way Gawd intended it!" I mean, shit, if it worked like that, James Bond would be a sissy boy for drinkin' martinis. Jesus.

The Question

Eternal
BTW, I've had Everclear. Double-shot of it. Most painful $50 bet I ever won.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker

Pfft. That's nothing. My second youngest brother drank a whole bottle of Everclear.

(It probably helped him that he was in his 20's and like 400 pounds at the time)

The Question

Eternal
Well, early 20s and 400lbs is a bit different from mid 20s and 140lbs, isn't it? And is Dear Brother still above ground with us, or is he leaking that alcohol into the water table and making headstones delicious?

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor

Reminds me of the drink "Particle Projector Cannon" from BattleTech. Basically, you take two shots of Everclear, and mix in a third shot of another drink. Depending on your faction, that other drink can be:
- Peppermint Schnapps (Lyran Commonwealth/House Steiner)
- Bourbon (Federated Suns/House Davion)
- Ouzo (Free Worlds League/House Marik)
- Plum Wine (Capellan Confederation/House Liao)
- Sake (Draconis Combine/House Kurita)

The Question

Eternal
I assume it was named thus because if you drank it, you'd... project "particles".

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
I assume it was named thus because if you drank it, you'd... project "particles".

While in-universe, it was named after the weapon, your assessment IS a fair one, and consistent with the reports given by people who drank it IRL.

The Question

Eternal
Seems like a predictable effect of mixing liquors. Mixing liquors, like crossing the streams, is... Bad.

I don't think I need to tell you about the twinkie.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Well, early 20s and 400lbs is a bit different from mid 20s and 140lbs, isn't it? And is Dear Brother still above ground with us, or is he leaking that alcohol into the water table and making headstones delicious?
Still above ground. Lost a lot of weight and now smokes weed more than he drinks.

The Question

Eternal
Well, no gravestone-licking for me, then. And I was so looking forward to it.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I don't have an "only whisky I drink." I like variety, can't go long term with any one flavor. Might be bourbon one weekend, rum the next, gin the weekend after that. All about the alcoholism.
Ftfy.

The Question

Eternal
That's nice, kid. Go play.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Alcohol as creative tool is one of the biggest myths of the writing world.