Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batgirl.....

Caitriona

Something Wicked
I just heard on the news that "Batgirl" is being turned into a lesbian socialite to make her more contemporary. WTF????

I can't even find the story on line yet. I just heard it on TV. If I find a link or a pic, I'll post it.

BatWOMAN, actually.

Story

Years after she first emerged from the Batcave, Batwoman is coming out of the closet. DC Comics is resurrecting the classic comic book character as a lesbian, unveiling the new Batwoman in July as part of an ongoing weekly series that began this year.

The 5-foot-10 superhero comes with flowing red hair, knee-high red boots with spiked heels, and a form-fitting black outfit.

''We decided to give her a different point of view,'' explained Dan DiDio, vice president and executive editor at DC. ''We wanted to make her a more unique personality than others in the Bat-family. That's one of the reasons we went in this direction.''

The original Batwoman was started in 1956, and killed off in 1979. The new character will share the same name as her original alter ego, Kathy Kane. And the new Batwoman arrives with ties to others in the Gotham City world.

''She's a socialite from Gotham high society,'' DiDio said. ''She has some past connection with Bruce Wayne. And she's also had a past love affair with one of our lead characters, Renee Montoya.''

Montoya, in the ''52'' comic book series, is a former police detective. Wayne, of course, is Batman's true identity -- but he has disappeared, along with Superman and Wonder Woman, leaving Gotham a more dangerous place.

Marta.jpg

I think it's a step forward. They should revise more characters to be more contemporary.

I have some ideas of my own........

rogue.gif

Rogue: Ardent feminist.

Wolvie3.JPG

Wolverine: Wanted for domestic violence.

BenR_SpiderMan.jpg

Spiderman: Mild-mannered gay biker by day.

Mister_Sinister_001.jpg

Mr. Sinister: Seeking nuclear weapons.

rage.jpg

Rage: Truant father, abuses crack.

boris.jpg

Venom: Holocaust-denier

doom.jpg

Doctor Doom: Hateful right-wing nationalist.

Galactus.PNG

Galactus: Really, really hates Jews.

mephisto.jpg

Mephisto: Isolationist.

captainamerica.gif

Captain America: Autistic.