"Beetlejuice" 2 currently in production or pre-production. Why? What's the point?

Aquehonga

Un Banned
Why is Tim Burton making a sequel to "Beetlejuice" 35 years later? What's the point? One of the things I really like & appreciate about "Beetlejuice" is that it had no sequels , prequels , interquals , etc et al. It was & remained a completely successfully told self enclosed single tale ... until now.

I am totally against this "Beetlejuice" sequel being made , but unfortunately I will have to go see it when it comes out so that I can provide accurate & legitimate criticisms & observations about it.

This pointless "Beetlejuice" sequel is yet another glaring example of Hollywood being completely devoid of any originality.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
Now we have the variables of both writers' & performers being on strike , which will no doubt impact the making of "Beetlejuice 2" & other movies & TV shows.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Jenna Ortega is in it.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
Unfortunately I have to see "BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE" when it hits movie theaters in September.

Otherwise I won't be able to legitimately bitch about it , or perhaps surprisingly & alternatively , praise it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe covid will come back before then and you won't have to see it.