Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beretta discontinues stainless 92FS Models

RobL

http://www.berettaforum.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=011623

(Inox = Beretta trade name for stainless models)

While I normally take online accounts like this with a grain of salt, too many people are up in arms at Beretta Forum to make this a false report.

And it really doesn't surprise me in the least. From putting plastic parts in all of its 92s to "save money", to discontinuing popular models like these to ramp up production of its new "PX4" pistol, Beretta has been making some stupid moves lately.

If and when Beretta loses the US military contract, it will probably spell the doom for its handgun division.

One can hope. After all Beretta never was that great... Design flaws, poor feeding mags, overly complicated sear and trigger mechanisms...

I was never that critical of Beretta products, till they started putting plastic parts in their 92s. That gun was not designed to have plastic parts in them. Period. Not to mention the quality control of the pistols they have been making the last five years or so have seriously hit the crapper.

I had been considering buying a 92fs Inox Brigadier. However, they have been putting (black, I might add) plastic parts in those too. No way will I spend good money on one of those. While its easy enough to buy and replace the plastic parts, why bother, when there are other more superior guns out there?