Beretta PX4

Captain Jack

OMG! That thing looks sweet! Like it came from the future or something. Does this replace or join with the 92? I've heard that Beretta was coming out with a new toy, this must be it. For me, the grips on the 92 are too fat. Does anyone know if the grips on the PX4 are thinner and more comfortable to hold?

Supposedly, the PX4 has interchangeable backstraps so that you can make the grip thinner/thicker for your own personal needs. However, BerettaUSA, in its infinate ( :roll: ) wisdom does not put the smaller/thicker straps in. You have to order them special.

I've been looking at it for a month or so now. The reason why I'm still undecided is that they don't come with factory night sites (there this supernovia crap - flash a light on it for a minute and they glow for a while), the trigger pull is horrible (at least the one I looked at), and, basically, its noting special.

That, and my honest belief that Beretta is screwing the pootch and fucking over the american handgun market, and thus I don't want to give them any more of my money, has led to my reservations. Your better off buying a Glock 19/23, at least its a known element in the marketplace.

Before this, I've been looking at the Glock 19, the S&W M&P, and the Springfield XD things. After your post, this Beretta seems to have lost my interest. I also heard that it is fragile.

I've heard good things about the M&P. If your serious, wait a year or so for them to work out all the bugs. IMO, you can't go wrong with a Glock 19.

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of "rechargeable" night sighting/markers. What the hell is the point of that? Tritium or forget it.

Yeah, its just what everybody wants to do when your being attacked.

"Hey, bad guy, stop shooting at me for a minute while I recharge my night sites with my flashlight." :roll:

And to imagine, they are trying to market the gun to LEOs.

Back