Best British Sitcom III

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Let's go for some new ones, both about rather dysfunctional families.

The Robinsons versus Mine All Mine.

Both have been on BBCAmerica, so people on both sides of the pond have access, and people on both sides of the pond have to pay for that access.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
^^But that's not one of the choices. You have to choose between one of the two listed. At the rate we're going, sometime in 2010, we'll have a runoff vote.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Unfortunately I haven't seen either one.

C

Cloudy

yeah, i'm not familiar with either - and I know a lot about British sitcoms.

maybe i'll google them

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Mine All Mine was about a Welshman who finds that he owns the entire town in which he lives. Hot brunette daughter, and the chick who plays Judy from Love, Actually--the sex scene stand-in--is another daughter.

In yet another connection between the two shows, The Robinsons stars the guy who played Tim on The Office, and also played Jack, the other sex scene stand-in in Love, Actually.

C

Cloudy

Oh yeah, I remember when the Robinsons aired here - it didn't make much of an impact. Didn't see it myself

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Mine All Mine was rather amusing, though not on the level of the other sitcoms we've discussed. Still, the premise was interesting, and the actor who played the scheming father turned landlord (in the medieval sense of the word) did a nice job.

The Robinsons is still airing here. I think we've had three episodes now. I like Martin Freeman (I think that's the name of the actor who played Tim), and the rest of the cast is equally enjoyable in their roles. I think we're getting it because we liked The Office.

Both are amusing and worth 30 minutes a week.

Have you guys seen Green Wing?

KenDodsDadsDog

Gaghsmumtakesitupthearse
i refuse to vote on something i've never even heard of let alone seen - it must be on before 5.30 on a weekday so only you poor unemployed losers and student fucks can see them

Number_6

beer, I want beer
No, Mine All Mine was televised in the U.S. on Sundays at 8PM, and The Robinsons is on Fridays at 8:40PM. Plus, since I have enough money for a DVR/TiVo, it doesn't matter what time a program is on.

So far, you're not a particularly good troll.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Mine all mine, thats the show with Griff Ryhs Jones right? I watched the entire series about 2-3 years ago when it aired in England. Twas pretty good and yeah, the daughter was a hottie.

griff_rhys_jones.jpg

I like Jones. Smith and Jones were a great comedy pairing.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Actually, it was aired in 2004. Just seems like ages ago.

For once, we were watching it along with you guys, or something like a week's delay.

The daughter was played by Siwan Morris, who has some lovely big eyes:

liv_200.jpg

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Was it that recent? Strange. It was a good show though, Griff Rhys Jones is a comedy figurehead in England he has had a lot of success. I take it you have seen Not the Nine O'clock news?