Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best pre-paid cell phone plan?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Cingular has decided to "do away with" the plan my wife has been on for the past 3 years. We were paying $19.95 per month, they're jacking it to $29.95 for no reason. The only person she calls on the cell is me, so we damned sure ain't gonna pay $10 extra per month for her phone.

Since she doesn't even come close to using all her minutes, we're gonna go pre-paid. Anyone know which phones/companies are the best? Virgin, Boost, etc, I've heard good things and bad things about all of them.

Thanks!

You could just use Cingular's family plan. It adds $9.99 to your phone bill monthly. You can add other features to her line for a relatively cheap fee. Anyway, the two of you could talk for free, for only $9.99 a month.

^^I would do that, but my BlackBerry is paid for by work, so I don't need a personal cell phone. But thanks for the idea!

Big Dick McGee said:
^^I would do that, but my BlackBerry is paid for by work, so I don't need a personal cell phone. But thanks for the idea!
What company does your phone belong to? See if they have a pay as you go one, and if m2m counts against it. Best advice I can give.

I have a cheap Virgin Mobile phone I pay $20 every 3 months to keep the number going. When I call it costs 25 cents. I only use it in emergencies.

Big Dick McGee said:
Cingular has decided to "do away with" the plan my wife has been on for the past 3 years. We were paying $19.95 per month, they're jacking it to $29.95 for no reason. The only person she calls on the cell is me, so we damned sure ain't gonna pay $10 extra per month for her phone.

Aren't you the guy that recently bragged of having 6 bills just sitting around in the bank, and now your worried about 10 bucks a month = $120 a year for a phone bill to keep your wife in contact with you. Some Mr. Money Bags you are....

I mean really if you put it in perspective....she only calls you, get rid of the damn phone and save $240 a year. Wouldn't that be the better choice....

CALO194L1.gif

RuReddy said:
Aren't you the guy that recently bragged of having 6 bills just sitting around in the bank, and now your worried about 10 bucks a month = $120 a year for a phone bill to keep your wife in contact with you. Some Mr. Money Bags you are....

I mean really if you put it in perspective....she only calls you, get rid of the damn phone and save $240 a year. Wouldn't that be the better choice....

CALO194L1.gif

I didn't get tons of money in the bank by wasting it, idiot. The reason poor folks like you don't have any money saved up is because you waste it on dumb shit like unnecessary cell phone plans. Why keep a plan that we won't use? That's just wasteful. But then, you're probably the type who keeps paying $11 a month for HBO just to watch The Sopranos when it'd be cheaper just to buy the DVDs. That's why you'll never have money in the bank, ya dumb bitch.

She needs the cell phone for emergencies, as most people do.

Big Dick McGee said:
I didn't get tons of money in the bank by wasting it, idiot. The reason poor folks like you don't have any money saved up is because you waste it on dumb shit like unnecessary cell phone plans. Why keep a plan that we won't use? That's just wasteful. But then, you're probably the type who keeps paying $11 a month for HBO just to watch The Sopranos when it'd be cheaper just to buy the DVDs. That's why you'll never have money in the bank, ya dumb bitch.

She needs the cell phone for emergencies, as most people do.

Hmmm 6 bills or TONS of money in the bank...and your calling me a dumb bitch. You might want to think about trying diverify your profolio just a tad. You know poor folks like me, don't put all their investments into one tiny little bank.

BTW... I don't own a cell phone..why should I, everyone else does. I don't have HBO and I wouldn't bother buying a DVD, for what purpose its a waste of cash...I'm saving that money, you arerspending it. *giggles*

Silly man!