BEST ZELDA OVERWORLD THEME?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Please vote if you care about me at all.

[YOUTUBE]lpEzYEoV9qY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KyMluaZDRik[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wkH2zETKqws[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sslj06K-Nlw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FTrumdi55tA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zO8Y7hdD6Qk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EPXwDQumJc4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gN_x1rpGbY8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8X6bTOS0DZg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eLNwOGdq4_4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pRHoPxAfy_Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7plKQ4T0980[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5W_bFLwB0WY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nRbROTdOgj0[/YOUTUBE]

(NOTES: Didn't include Oracle of Ages/Seasons as they're identical to Link's Awakening. Couldn't find one for the original Four Swords.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Right now I'm having a hard time choosing between Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks. I almost think I MIGHT choose Spirit Tracks, because there's something about it that reminds me a little of bluegrass, but then I remember how much I like hopping my little red sailboat in the ocean and that music makes me happy. DECISIONS DECISIONS.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
[YOUTUBE]5DmYLrxR0Y8[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

I need more time to think.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
TOO MANY CHOICES

I'm like Cassie, minus Spirit Tracks. TP's Hyrule Field music at night is one of my top 10 from the entire soundtrack. I DON'T KNOW I DON'T KNOW I DON'T KNOW

I'm sailing around on the boat AGAIN. Trying to do sidequests I wasn't able to do the first time. LIKE WATER THE DEKU TREES

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I ended up choosing the Wind Waker ocean theme. Spirit Tracks is a close second, but the indian flute music reminds me too much of this cd that my stepfather used to play all the time.

CaptainWacky

I'm like Cassie, minus Spirit Tracks. TP's Hyrule Field music at night is one of my top 10 from the entire soundtrack.

Oh, should I have included that too (I guess it's an overworld theme.) IS THE WHOLE THREAD RUINEd NOW?!

[YOUTUBE]CeUAPGZ3imQ[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

I really appreciate the Twilight Princess one because of how long it goes without repeating itself and how many phases it goes through. I have vivid memories of trying to get a heart piece on that spinner thing and listening to the music thinking "I didn't know it went on that long!"

(But yeah I voted for the Great Ocean.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The orchestration on Hyrule Field is wonky -- I keep losing the downbeat. But the Night Theme is beautiful, however it seems like an incomplete piece of music.

I like Realm Overworld (I'm a sucker for a good pan flute).

I prefer WW/Ocean Theme over PH/The Great Sea -- it just seems more nautical to me. BUT ANYWAY OCEAN WINS.

CaptainWacky

I wish more people had a DS (or 3DS!?) so I could discuss Spirit Tracks and its groundbreaking portrayal of the Zelda character (and pan flute.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I bypassed handheld game systems and waited until the rise of smartphones to get truly serious about being antisocial in public settings.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just never got around to getting a DS, and it's kinda rare that I have the extra money to spend on something like that, so when I do I have to make choices, like get a new game for this console I already have, or get something completely new and then not have games for it... STUFF.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
This is like when my wife shows me material swatches and I am expected to have an opinion.

I tend to look where her eyes rest more and guess which one she likes.

That is hard to do with online people.

CaptainWacky

I GUESS PONG'S MORE YOUR THING, GRAMPS.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe he prefers the soothing sounds of Space Invaders.

CaptainWacky

A Link Between Worlds had the same themes as A Link To The Past.