CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

It's a good looking teaser trailer.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That looks fabulous!

CaptainWacky

It looks so much better than Love and Thunder that I wish Natalie was playing Namor somehow.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Namor's little ankle-wings flapping when he flies is the best part.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Bump for anyone who's seen it and can't find this thread.

CaptainWacky

I enjoyed it. Definitely better than MoM and Love And Thunder (by quite a bit in that case.) Namor was done really well, the scenes with his backstory and taking Shuri to Talokan were highlights. Letitia Wright may have some...questionable beliefs but she did a good job leading the movie. Angela Bassett had some great hair-raising speech type moments. M'Baku was fun whenever he was on screen but felt a bit under-used (could have done with a bit more Lupita Nyong'o too.)

Riri was decent but still kind of felt like set-up for a spin-off rather than an integral part of the movie. It felt like we didn't get a good looking at her first suit and the second was a bit too Power Rangers.

They made the CIA more explicitly evil this time, with Ross getting kicked out for not being evil enough, which should make some people happy. But you could have lost some of the Ross/Val scenes without hurting the movie. I'm guessing he would have interacted with T'Challa a lot in the original version of the story.

Visuals were a mixed bag, sadly. There was some nice looking stuff (Talokan!) but other parts where the picture was unnecessarily dark. Like the first meeting between Shuri/Ramonda and Namor would have been much better if we could see their faces clearly? The big battle at the end was eeeeeeeh with too much unconvincing green-screening and quick cutting away. They should have definitely stayed wholly on Shuri/Namor's fight once it began instead of cutting back to a Wakandan kicking a random blue person.

Music was very good; Ludwig Goransson is a very good music person. The Rihanna song was nice.

So yeah it was good.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

How fucking diseased must your mind be to photoshop a bald, black Brie Larson onto the screencap for your shitty youtube video about a movie she isn't even in?

CaptainWacky

There was a mid credits scene but no post credits scene.