Blasted!!!

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I just dropped my desktop speaker on my External Harddrive, and now I can't get it to boot up anymore. :(

Each time I try, all it does is click three times and a red light comes on and starts blinking!!

aeommai

cookie?
might be permadamaged.

try using partition magic to convert it to pal and then back to ntfs or whatever you cal the american one

starguard

A few techs recommended that I try freezing it for about 24 hrs and (if it works), recover all that was lost before it crashes again. So...hope is not all lost

Also...

I managed to find a MAJOR score today in Walmart. I found a 1TB External HDD from Western Digital for only $99.00. Man, that was a deal of the century to me :cool:

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
Yeah... your drive's fucked. Get your shit off of it ASAP then donate it to a computer recycle place.

starguard

O.K...I tried the freezer thing. It stopped the "Click of Death" and gives me an icon. but when I click the mouse pointer on it, it says that the drive needs to be formatted.

All I want to do is get my files off of it, then trash it. :(

Dr. Death

I am sure I am too late to help but Magikdisk might be able to create an ISO image of that drive that you can install on the new drive later.

If not the only other option is an expensive software used to read damaged drives.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
My son dropped his new cell in the toilet today while peeing, and now its doesn't work anymore.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
O.K...I tried the freezer thing. It stopped the "Click of Death" and gives me an icon. but when I click the mouse pointer on it, it says that the drive needs to be formatted.

All I want to do is get my files off of it, then trash it. :(
I have a pile of HDDs where all I want to do is get the files off then trash them. And none of them were even dropped, it was just something going wrong at the wrong time with each of them. The power cord being accidentally yanked out, attempting to copy too much at once between two USB drives, you name it.

Trusting USB HDDs are a lot like believing in God.