Bragging Season

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Christmas letters, including family pictures and updates. Who gives a crap?

Every year my dad's cousin mails out these ridiculous letters instead of a simple Christmas card and I've got to tell you, I could not possibly care less about the latest quilting bee or that one of her kids bought a house. If I cared, I'd call more.

What's worse? When family friends do it! I don't care about my blood relatives why in the hell would I care about you. I own a phone, I have access to phone all day every day. I have E-mail and messenger so if I cared, I'd get a hold of you and that doesn't change at Christmas time.

Tell us your stories, go ahead, vent.

Friday

Bazinga!
I totally agree, L_G. If you were close enough, I'd already know everything in the letter. The fact that I don't should be a *major* hint why you shouldn't send the letter in the first place.

The President of the charter school my sister used to work at sent one of those letters to his employees every year. What an ego to assume someone you've never met, and never will meet, cares about your home improvement projects.

Christmas letter writers should be covered in Oreos and left in a locked room with Michael Moore. IMHO.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Hmmm. I actually like them. I hate just getting a generic card. Like who gives a fuck.

I remember for my 23rd birthday, my ex-wife planned a big birthday bash at a center city philly bar. I insisted that insead of cards, people give me $1 bills signed. I told everyone that they would save money and I could actually use the bills. TO this day, I still have all thirty of these dollar bills.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Laker_Girl You're getting gheyer with every post.

It's being a full time single parent. It's....it's....changing me!!!! agggghhhhh!!