Bret Michaels

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Bret Michaels is back in the hospital in critical condition. He had a brain hemorrage. He just recently had an emergency appendectomy.

Riotgear

Bret Michaels is back in the hospital in critical condition. He had a brain hemorrage. He just recently had an emergency appendectomy.

Is it possible he's fallen victim to his own bad taste? I hear that can be semi-fatal.

Can you get an elective appendectomy just to play it safe?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Well, actually, Dian Fossey had a pre-emptive appendectomy before she went to Africa to live with the gorillas.

Riotgear

Well, actually, Dian Fossey had a pre-emptive appendectomy before she went to Africa to live with the gorillas.

Well yeah, you don't want to rely on gorillas to perform your appendectomy. But what about the every man/woman?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I also suppose that a ruptured appendix is more of an emergency than an inflamed appendix.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Doctors will generally remove an appendix at the slightest hint of a problem, mainly because a rupture releases tons of toxins into the body and can pretty much kill you. Once a rupture happens the procedure, damage and recovery time grow exponentially...nearly killed my sis when she was a teenager simply because she was out of state with friends and there was a delay in getting the permissions for surgery from the folks...

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Doctors will generally remove an appendix at the slightest hint of a problem, mainly because a rupture releases tons of toxins into the body and can pretty much kill you. Once a rupture happens the procedure, damage and recovery time grow exponentially...nearly killed my sis when she was a teenager simply because she was out of state with friends and there was a delay in getting the permissions for surgery from the folks...

My brother almost died of a ruptured appendix.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Nothing to fool with that's for sure. Sis had the tube thing draining for weeks, it was nasty and smelled disgusting too.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Nothing to fool with that's for sure. Sis had the tube thing draining for weeks, it was nasty and smelled disgusting too.

Yeah my brother was in the hospital for weeks as they cleaned and drained the gangrene from his organs. Pumped him so full of drugs he can't remember much of his life before the operation at age 12.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Yeah - Bret Michaels has left the hospital. I was really concerned he would die. Don't know why it concerned me so much. It isn't like I know him personally. It isn't like I even own any of his music.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah - Bret Michaels has left the hospital. I was really concerned he would die. Don't know why it concerned me so much. It isn't like I know him personally. It isn't like I even own any of his music.

Four words: Rock of Love IV. You gotta know if Cupid will finally throw a scrap to a balding middle aged man with hair sewed into his cowboy hat.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
No - there can't be a Rock of Love IV!! I watched the first two but could not bring myself to watch it one more time. Those women are just unbelievably scuzzy.

I think I like Bret Michaels because he is up front with those women about what kind of boyfriend he would be. He seems to treat his fans and everyone he meets very well, and he seems to appreciate that he has what he has because of his fans.

Riotgear

No - there can't be a Rock of Love IV!! I watched the first two but could not bring myself to watch it one more time. Those women are just unbelievably scuzzy.

I think I like Bret Michaels because he is up front with those women about what kind of boyfriend he would be. He seems to treat his fans and everyone he meets very well, and he seems to appreciate that he has what he has because of his fans.

ROTFL!

Wait..seriously?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Yeah. He pretty much told each and every one of them that he is a party guy and women eager to please surround him all the time so jealous types definitely need not apply to be his girlfriend. He didn't say he wouldn't be faithful in an exclusive relationship but he did make it clear that the kind of life he leads on the road can shake a girlfriend's confidence. He was with the mother of his children for 11 years and I believe they still live together even though they supposedly split up in 2005. With him being on the road so much, I imagine it isn't like he is actually in the house that often.