Brian out, Emma in?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Brian to face BB eviction - Emma offered job
Brian Dowling is to be replaced by Emma Willis

By COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor
Published: 13th March 2013

BIG Brother’s next eviction could be that of show host Brian Dowling.

TV Biz can reveal that Emma Willis from spin-off show Big Brother’s Bit On The Side (BBBOTS) has been offered the gig.

Bosses are understood to want her on board the main show in a bid to inject some glamour into the franchise and recapture the buzz of the Davina McCall years on Channel 4.

Emma — married to former Busted singer Matt Willis — is now weighing up the move, which is set to be confirmed within the next two weeks.

Brian, who won the reality TV show in 2001, has been hosting the programme for the past two years since it moved from Channel 4 to Channel 5.

An insider said: “Brian has been a great host but Emma is seen by channel chiefs as a true successor to Davina. They’re talking to her now about taking over the role from the summer.

“Like Davina when she hosted the show, Emma’s young, a mum of two, and very glamorous.

“The audience love her on BBBOTS and execs want to capitalise on that.

“She’s thinking it over but it’s a great opportunity and she would be mad to turn it down.”

If Emma accepts the job, C5 bosses will have to compensate Brian, who is understood to be contracted for the next two runs — the main series shown over the summer and the subsequent Celebrity show.

One option being suggested is that he switches places with Emma to host BBBOTS, but he is unlikely to settle for a downgrade.

Last night spokesmen for Brian, C5 and Emma all declined to comment.
It's the Sun, but others seem to have picked up the story. True? Thoughts? Feelings? Makes you sat "I LIKE IT"?

I dont' mind Brian as much as most -- he's not great but they could do much worse. But if he's gone I'm happy it will be for Emma. She's lervly.

I kind of hope Alice doesn't inherit BOTS outright -- paleness aside, she's a little too demure. She shines more in her taped video clips. But I hope she stays with the show and keeps hosting weekends.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Alice has a Radio 1 show every night so probably wouldn't give that up for BOTS anyway.

Emma would be a better host than Brian (any experienced tv presenter would be really) but Brian hosting BOTS would be pretty horrible (though I gave up on that last series anyway.)

Seph

Retired Account
It's the Sun, but others seem to have picked up the story. True? Thoughts? Feelings? Makes you say "I LIKE IT"?

8724.imgcache.gif

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Cute Asian twink. Quite pokeable.

Seph

Retired Account
With a screw driver.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Kinky! But I'm into kinder, gentler sodomy.

Seph

Retired Account
Depends how you do it, I know a few women who would probably have preferred the screw driver.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They scare me.

Seph

Retired Account
Screw Drivers or Women :rolleyes:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Women screaming for me to insert screwdrivers in them.

Men too for that matter. I'm just not that much into kink.

JUST LIKE BRIAN DOWLING! AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM! :wah!:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I like how Brian can relate to contestants being a former housemate himself, but other than that aspect he's not a great host. He's just never looked comfortable reading from the autocue or doing those mini interviews before people go in the house. But Emma is a pro who could turn any nerves or slip ups to her advantage. I'm surprised they didn't come to this conclusion sooner. I mean, she's really too good for the sad state that BB is in now. She should be on a proper tv channel.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's official!
EMMA WILLIS IS THE NEW PRESENTER OF BIG BROTHER ON CHANNEL 5

02-Apr-2013

Channel 5 announced today that Emma Willis will be the new presenter of Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother. Emma has been involved with the show since 2010 and most recently has hosted Big Brother’s Bit on the Side.

Emma started her presenting career at MTV in 2002 for TRL, and moved onto other shows including I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! NOW, T4 and Girlfri3nds. She is currently hosting the Heart Sunday Breakfast show and The Hub on This Morning.

Emma Willis comments: "I am thrilled to have been offered this job. I’m a fan first and foremost so to be able to front the show is going to be amazing. Roll on the summer!”

Ben Frow, Director of Programmes Channel 5 comments: "Emma is a natural on screen, she’s made the spin off show her own and now the time is totally right for her to step up. I know she’ll take Big Brother to the next level and I can’t wait to see her dealing with the housemates both famous and soon to be famous. I’d also like to thank Brian Dowling for doing such a sterling job over the last two years. He’s been a big part of the success of the show and I wish him the very best. ”

Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother are both made by Initial (an Endemol company) for Channel 5. The show will return this summer.

CaptainWacky

THE NEXT LEVEL!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Brian to win (the next I'm a Celebrity)!

CaptainWacky

Jamie and Alice are out too. BOTS to go more "upmarket" whatever that even means on Channel 5.

CaptainWacky

Even Jennings has been fired!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Upmarket" probably means no more loud hardcore fans in the audience (or no audience at all), and no more fun in general. BIG BROTHER IS SERIOUS BUSINESS AFTER ALL.

CaptainWacky

Well I hate BOTS so I would be fine with that! Or just replace BOTS with live feed.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That's true -- I can't believe you still don't have live feeds.

I'm getting in the BB mood again - I've been watching older seasons since last weekend.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
New presenter line-up confirmed
Rylan Clark and AJ Odudu will join Emma Willis for the new series.

14 May 2013

We're very excited to announce that Rylan Clark and AJ Odudu will be joining the presenting team for Big Brother’s Bit On The Side. Emma Willis will continue presenting Bit On The Side alongside her new role as host of Big Brother.

Big Brother super fan Rylan entered the Celebrity Big Brother House in January 2013 after becoming a household name on The X Factor. He was crowned the winner in a tense final against housemates Speidi. The Essex boy stole the show with his extreme emotional reactions, quick wit and natural showmanship.

Speaking about his new role, Rylan said: "I have followed the show since the very beginning. It was a dream come true to enter the Celebrity Big Brother House this year, let alone win it! Being offered the job to present Big Brother's Bit On The Side was amazing.”

Newcomer AJ has presented on both TV and radio and is no stranger to Bit On The Side having appeared before as a panelist on the show.

AJ said: "It’s going to be brilliant fun hooking up with Rylan and Emma for Big Brother’s Bit On The Side. I can’t wait to find out who the housemates are and get stuck in."

In further news, a new psych show will air on Saturday nights. The Big Brother's Bit On The Psych team will be joined by a panel of experts and psychologists to analyse the behaviour of the housemates over the past seven days. Rylan will also front a Sunday lunchtime edition of Bit On The Side.

There will also be two hours of live streaming on 5* from 7-9pm each day.
Any dirt on AJ Odudu?