Bush paraphrases Lennon - All we are saying... is give war a chance

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
We went into this largely united - in our assumptions, and in our convictions. And whatever you voted for, you did not vote for failure. Our country is pursuing a new strategy in Iraq - and I ask you to give it a chance to work. And I ask you to support our troops in the field - and those on their way

Reagan wouldn't have fucked this up like you have George. He was a cerebral President compared to you.

Also much heralded in the speech
Tonight, I ask Congress to join me in pursuing a great goal. Let us build on the work we have done and reduce gasoline usage in the United States by 20% in the next 10 years - when we do that we will have cut our total imports by the equivalent of three-quarters of all the oil we now import from the Middle East.

I ask you TK to help me reduce my "annoying" level by 20%, I'm not going to put any promises, targets, actual ways to deliver this etc. but it sure sounds good doesn't it?

Cranky Bastard

Bush's nation-building bullshit is a liberal idea. It doesn't work with religious nations.

Except for some targeted tax cuts, he's more left than Clinton.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
It's odd for a man so inept at foreign policy he seems hell bent on making it his legacy. Reagan was partial to some fairly dubious dirty tricks - but his foreign policy yielded results.

Tyrant

Apparently he took cues from LBJ in one speech or another.

Cranky Bastard

headvoid said:
It's odd for a man so inept at foreign policy he seems hell bent on making it his legacy. Reagan was partial to some fairly dubious dirty tricks - but his foreign policy yielded results.

Despite this, he's an establishmentarian. He has danced wherever and whenever the CFR has jingled his strings.

History will thus write him as a good president.

That's a shame, too.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
I just couldn't bring myself to watch Bush's State of the Union Address. I like President Bush so much as an every day joe so it is hard for me to hear his crappy agenda. I had already planned on watching American Idol, I can only handle being embarassed for someone so much in one day.

I hope the next president (who will be Republican since Dems are hell bent on running Hillary) has some better ideas about how to end the absolute hell going on in Iraq.

Note: I still stand behind Bush's tax cuts, they have so rocked!!

The Question

Eternal
It won't make a difference who wins the next election.

Either party can only get a candidate to the top of the list of whom the Israelis approve, and America's presence in Iraq stems from pro-Israeli policy. We would still be in exactly this situation at exactly this minute if Kerry had won in 2004, and we'll still be discussing this in 2010 if Israel's Washington-based puppet-masters want us to be.

We, The People have no voice.