Charles Barkley says he's retiring from TV after 2024-25

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Charles Barkley says he's retiring from TV after 2024-25​

Charles Barkley says next season will be his final one on TV. Barkley, part of the highly popular, award-winning "Inside the NBA" studio show, said Friday night that the 2024-25 season will be his last with TNT and that he won't be joining any other network beyond that either. "I ain't going nowhere other than TNT," Barkley, 61, said on NBATV after the Dallas Mavericks' Game 4 victory over the Boston Celtics on Friday night. "I hope the NBA stays with TNT, but for me personally, I wanted you guys to hear it from me ... I wanted to tell my NBATV and TNT family that I'm not going to another network, but I'm going to pass the baton to either Jamal Crawford or Vince Carter or you Steve [Smith]," Barkley said.

"But next year, I'm going to just retire after 25 years, and I just wanted to say thank you. And I wanted y'all to hear it from me first." Ahead of the NBA Finals, commissioner Adam Silver called the media rights process "incredibly complex" based on the technology involved (broadcast, cable and streaming), the competing bidders and a timeline stretching into an unpredictable future. "We're looking forward to another fantastic NBA on TNT season and further discussion of our future plans with him," TNT Sports said in a statement.

Click Here For Full Story