Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelsea (a) v Barcelona (h) - Champions League - Semi Final (1st leg)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Chelsea full-back Jose Bosingwa is adamant that he will not endure a torrid time when he lines-up against Lionel Messi during the Champions League semi-final first leg against Barcelona.

The Portugal international right-back, who has been asked to fill in for the suspended Ashley Cole on the left, insists he has plenty of experience of playing at the highest level, against the world’s best players.
“I’m prepared for the challenge, It is no problem marking Messi,” Bosingwa is quoted as saying by The Daily Mail.

“Messi is a big star worldwide but it is possible to stop him with patience and calm. You need to keep him under pressure.

“I have experience playing with Porto and Portugal against big players, and now with Chelsea. I do not fear the Argentine.”

The 21-year-old Messi, who has scored 21 goals in 29 Primera Division appearances and netted eight times in nine Champions League games this season, is being described as the best player in the world at the moment by many critics.

While Bosingwa may have been handed the task of marking him at the Nou Camp on Tuesday evening, Blues team-mate Florent Malouda says he will not be alone in trying to limit the forward’s impact on the game.
“Since he has been back from injury, we have been working together a lot in training,” Malouda remarked.

“But not only in training, we have also spoken a lot and I think we will speak a lot more before the game. And not only speaking with Jose, with all the team because it is going to be team work.

“Everybody is focused on Jose because he is supposed to play on Messi’s side but everybody in the team helps everybody so he needs us and we will need him.”

Place your bets now please.

D, thank you so much for live stream!
charged thru my work like a madwoman - get home and goddamn #^$%#&@ hockey is on! was just contemplating the best way to effectively take out the TV station, hockey announcers/broadcasters and their promoters when saw this post.
too late to place my bet now, but must say, Barca's missed some great opportunities.

Still, Henry's giving me that sense that he's got a goal in him.
And maybe Messi will wake up.
So I bet Barca will just get by with 1, maybe 2 goals over Chelsie.

No problems, any time.

Truth be told for all the hype and whats on the line it wasn't a very exciting match. Maybe I've been spoiled with some of the greatest football ever seen over the past few months but this was a tactical victory by Chelsea and a lesson on how to defend almost perfectly.

Score was 0-0 by the way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's been 50 matches since Barca have not scored in a match.

This was a defending masterclass from Chelsea who only had about 20% of the possession over 90 minutes.

Chelsea will be the happier on getting out of the Nou Camp with a 0-0 draw and forcing it to a straight decider at Stamford Bridge but it didn't make the most exciting of games.

Tomorrow is the big daddy of all football matches though. Arsenal v Manchester United at Old Trafford.

There will be no sitting behind the ball during this one.

It has instant classic written all over it.

yeah; bit of a let-down, that. Did not anticipate a goaless draw, that's for sure!
I was sure Barca would do something, goal-wise. Petre Chec (sp) didn't seem to be moving that well, although the Spanish keeper was making some sharp saves.

Let's hope today's game is juicier.
Who will prevail? Gagh's favourites, or Menty's??? :D

they're actually airing it on TV here this afternoon! Amazing.
must be a slow day for hockey.
*rolls eyes*