Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Civ IV BtS... anyone?

Yeah when I want to waste an entire day thats normally how I do it.

I'd highly recommend the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for BTS mod. It adds a lot of nifty features that expand upon the original game.

Fuck that! I'm still trying to not get my ass handed to me on Noble!

I had a couple good sytems down for regular Civ IV (never played Warlords) but these have proven to be quite shit in BtS.

Yeah, I'm old and boring. Anyone else into it?

Yes I play. I do a custom game with all 18 slots and usually islands with extras on a giant map. First thing I do is make a worker and then a warrior and settler and then stonehenge. Then a few more warriors and settlers and then a galley to go exploring with. Then I fill the rest of my island up and try to locate an empty island and fill that up too. Then I sit back for 1000 years and build up and then start attacking my neighbors. Great fun!

Just started playing my first game of BtS instead of just standard Civ today. Not really seeing that much of a difference (apart from the annoying random events - always hate these, no matter the game :mad: ). A couple new races, a couple new buildings, technologies - no big changes so far though. Still addictive as hell. :)

Yes I play. I do a custom game with all 18 slots and usually islands with extras on a giant map. First thing I do is make a worker and then a warrior and settler and then stonehenge. Then a few more warriors and settlers and then a galley to go exploring with. Then I fill the rest of my island up and try to locate an empty island and fill that up too. Then I sit back for 1000 years and build up and then start attacking my neighbors. Great fun!

I usually play lakes. I usually go straight to Stonehenge, but took the advice and went with a worker first, then barracks (fuck the warrior, that early on all you have are barbarian animals, which can't enter cultural bubbles), then stonehenge. Ended up kicking ass. Although I lucked out with villages. Got a settler, a worker and 2 scouts of them. I'll try it again and see if I'm still as lucky.

This is why I've stuck with Civ III.

That's BAD enough!

-SB

I got that for my birthday (to put on the laptop), haven't played it yet.

I played Civ nothing back in the day. And then Alpha Centari in HS. Played the shit out Civ 4 in Iraq, and now I'm working on BtS.

You should try 4 if you get a chance. It's not that bad.

That's the problem, I don't have a lot of spare time, and Civ III is consuming enough that it's one of the few things my wife is jealous of.

If Civ IV is better...well...it's not worth the conflict!
-SB