CM Punk 'Shoot' Promo

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Though it's most likely a work. Best Promo in at least the last 10 years?

[youtube]2OS9wZGb_3g[/youtube]

If this is a work, it's rather ironic that McMahon lets somebody speak the truth to quite this extent. Oh well - buys tickets & PPV orders, I guess!

Response on Twitter:

THETOMMYDREAMER Tommy Dreamer
Just watched @cmpunk promo. FN GREAT. WWE has everyone talking. Could actually create their own competition. Kudos 2 Punk & VKM b different
3 minutes ago

JDurbinAI10 James Durbin
@CMPunk The end of last nights RAW was the greatest thing I've seen in a LONG time!!!!! Why can't wrestling be that why again full time??!!!
38 minutes ago

mexwarrior Chavo Guerrero
Work or shoot, @CmPunk 's promo was true. I know Punk & half if not all of that promo was off the cuff. Cm Punk has always done things his
1 hour ago

mexwarrior Chavo Guerrero
Did u see @CmPunk promo last night? WOW! If all those things are being said by a guy being used...think how I feel! Good Job Punk!
1 hour ago

WWEDanielBryan Daniel Bryan
With revolution dripping off his lips with every word, @CMPunk was a god last night.
1 hour ago

JoeyStyles Joey Styles
I was ordered by WWE Management not to show @CMPunk's rant on WWE.com but I wasn't told I couldn't find a link online bit.ly/kDwf4O
2 hours ago

ShawnMichaels_ Shawn Michaels
Gettin ready 2 head home. 2 words 4 @CMPunk- thata boy. Felt like old times. Anywho, back 2 my normal life, tweet u on touchdown:)
3 hours ago

Steve_Blackman Steve Blackman
Wow. What a promo from @CMPunk maybe the best of all time,certainly the most controversial. Now WWE will look really dumb if they let him go
4 hours ago

JCLayfield John Layfield
@cmpunk @The305MVP haven't watched a wrestling show in years-just watched Punks promo- as good as I have ever seen-awesome! He's a stud!
6 hours ago

IAmJericho Chris Jericho
Congrats to @cmpunk and Vince McMahon for doing something tonight that hasn't been done in awhile...make history.
9 hours ago

MikeNXT Michael McGillicutty
Big props to @CMPunk tonight! One of the beat promos ive seen. Maybe I need to take some tips from him...
10 hours ago

trishstratuscom Trish Stratus.com
Sorry @joeystyles but @cmpunk on #Raw...OMG! What did y'all think of that?
11 hours ago

JRsBBQ Jim Ross
Beats me but @cmpunk promo created an Attitude Era buzz. 'Almost' made me miss wk'ly travel.
11 hours ago

WNSource WrestlingNewsSource
Missed the @CMPunk RAW Shoot? You can now watch it at WrestlingNewsSource.com on the main page video player!! #wwe #raw
12 hours ago

JRsBBQ Jim Ross
Amazing feedback on @cmpunk end of Raw comments. Too many overanalyzing it. Did you like it? If so, enjoy it. Was it compelling? Yes
12 hours ago

ShaneHelmsCom Gregory Shane Helms
@
Yup! @steveaustinBSR @CMPunk It's amazing what one can do without "the cuffs on!"
12 hours ago

AdamColePro Adam Cole
@CMPunk was the guy who got me into @ringofhonor in the first place...watching him tonight was unreal
13 hours ago

steveaustinBSR Steve Austin
@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.
13 hours ago

maryse0uellet MARYSE OUELLET
@CMPunk for President of the United-States....
13 hours ago

Lagana David Lagana
Thanks to @TheRealClassic - Why YouTube was invented and why @CMPunk might have changed the business YouTube - ‪CM Punk talks Truth in Raw, about Vince McMahon and John Cena and WWE Company‬‏
13 hours ago

TheRealXPac Sean Waltman
@
@The305MVP @CMPunk It was priceless my friend. Punk's in a league of his own at the moment.When u dont give a f*&#K homeruns r easier to hit
13 hours ago

* Mick Foley: "I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff."

* Jim Ross: "Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow."

* Joey Styles: "Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. OMG! Holy crap!"

* Billy Corgan: "@CMPunk that may have been the GREATEST promo i have ever seen...to paraphrase Paul E, 'you sir, are f'n hardcore'..."

From Austin's Twitter account tonight, post-RAW:
@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yeah, it's definitely a work since they let him talk so long. But it is kind of a shoot too, since I'm sure he genuinely believes most of what he said (with a bit of exaggerating for heel effect.) They probably just told him to say whatever he wants, like with that famous Paul Heyman promo about ten years ago.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Wow, attacking family members?

You can almost hear the control room discussing when to cut him off...

CaptainWacky

If he had brought up Randy Savage taking Stephanie's virginity, then I would have been convinced it was real...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
WWE CEO Vince McMahon released this statement shortly after the telecast:

“CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air. With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk’s tenure with WWE.”

So, is it a work that turned shoot? Or will we see a series of "He's not supposed to be here!" skits?

CaptainWacky

Considering he's still wrestling Cena in the next pay per view main event, it's a work.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah I saw that later.

CaptainWacky

UNLESS HE TAPS OUT TO A HEADLOCK IN ONE MINUTE, SAYS "I RESPECT YOU, BOOKERMAN" STRIPS NAKED AND PISSES ON MICHAEL COLE AT THE PPV!?!

CaptainWacky

Layla would have all the championships then.

CaptainWacky

"Shooting" seems to be catching as Randy Orton mouthed off in a radio interview...

KUPD Arizona Real Rock conducted a very candid interview with WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton yesterday where he opens up about a variety of topics including his early days with WWE, implying the WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly has slept with over 10 guys on the WWE roster (confirming Dolph Ziggler as one of them), discussing how Chris Jericho wasn’t afraid to tell Vince what he wanted to do with or without the WWE’s consent, joking that he can’t use the term “wrestler” when promoting WWE, why WWE was upset with him when he gave his true feelings about Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson including Rock calling the WWE to let them know what he said, why he feels he blows John Cena away in the ring, the recent concussion he suffered in Spain, why he doesn’t like working with Mark Henry and a funny story about Cena getting sick while in the ring.

I can't be bothered listenign to it but he apologised to Kelly Kelly on Twitter for calling her a slut.

CaptainWacky

The "Money In The Bank" ppv was really good. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched WWE for a long time and suddenly feels like watching it again. Probably Cena's best match ever and Punk's best in WWE.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
There seems to be a lot of buzz regarding Vince getting "fired" and Punk leaving with the title. CM Punk and John Cena are both doing a LOT of twitter chatter; Cena is addressing some of the controversy and shit he said about Dwayne Johnson, while Punk is posting pictures of the WWE title in various odd spots like Cubs Field in Chicago and in his fridge. Pretty funny.

CaptainWacky

I wonder how long they'll keep Punk off tv. Wouldn't be surprised if he ran out to ruin the tournament final on next week's RAW, but it would probably be too. Maybe he'll attack Cena at Summerslam and we'll get Cole shouting "HE DOESN'T EVEN WORK HERE!"

Donovan

beer, I want beer
What would suck is if they tie Vince to him like a pair of invaders or something. Vince needs to stay gone.

CaptainWacky

Like that crappy NWO comeback in 2002 (or whenever)? Yeah, there's lots of ways they could mess this up...

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]nNEQikeTAJA[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

...and they've ALREADY brought Punk back on RAW. So much for that. Triple H might be in charge now, but it seems he's got no patience either.

CaptainWacky

A year later and Punk's just another character.