Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congress Fucks Bush

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/08/port.security/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Congress sent its first shot across President Bush's bow Wednesday, as the House Appropriations Committee voted 62-2 to block a controversial deal that would allow Dubai Ports World to operate some terminals at U.S. ports.
The amendment was inserted into an emergency supplemental funding bill for military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. The bill also includes about $19 billion in disaster assistance for the Gulf Coast in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
The full House could vote on the measure as early as next week. The committee's approval was bipartisan. Democrat Rep. Jim Moran of Virginia and Republican Jim Kolbe of Arizona cast the only "no" votes.

My civics is a little rusty, so correct me if I'm wrong. The way I see it, Bush can't veto this without undercutting his own war effort and making himself look like shit in the face of the cleanup efforts down south.

This may be Bush's first chance to veto a spending bill, ever. ;)

Politics, as usual, though it's odd that his own party would turn against him on something like that. Then again, it's an election year, so go figure.

Of course it's politics. Bush's latest approval rating is reportedly somewhere around 34% (I say reportedly, because we all know that's a fake number which is around 66 points too low ;) ), and while that's not seemingly a big deal for a President who's done in '08 no matter what, those Republicans facing re-election this fall are no fools. The majority of so-called polled Americans thinks this Dubai Ports deal stinks worse than turd, so the Republicans in Congress have to do something to save their jobs.

Fucking Bush? Maybe. But under the circumstances, what else can these guys do?

Laker_Girl said:
GOOD! That Dubai deal was just unbelievable. Makes me hate Bush a little.
Crikey, L_G, you surprise me sometimes. Thanks, it was a worthwhile reminder that most of the partisans on here aren't really glued to a party line.

I SAY WE GIVE CONTROL TO ME, BIG DICK MCGEE, AND I'LL TURN IT INTO A SWANK NIGHTCLUB WHERE REG'LAR FOLK LIKE YOU 'N ME CAN MINGLE WITH SUCH STARS AS TIGER WOODS, PAMELA HANDERSON, KID ROCK, TOAST, ARTHUR ASHE AND NELLY FURTADO!!

No shit...and we need troops on the southern border, because the fucking wetback army doesn't understand that a line has two sides to it for a reason.