Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cook out time

eloisel

Forever Empress E
We need some food:

barbecueribs.jpg

For the sauce:

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup tomato purée
4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
5 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 to 4 slabs pork spareribs, about 2 pounds each

To make the sauce:

In a saucepan or large skillet heat oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté 5 minutes or until translucent. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use or up to 3 weeks.

Place ribs in a jumbo resealable plastic bag. For each slab of ribs, pour 1/2 cup sauce over ribs; spread to coat. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator overnight. Reserve remaining sauce.

Remove ribs from bag; discard used sauce. Place ribs in center of cooking grate. Grill 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Brush with some of reserved sauce during last 20 minutes of grilling time. Cut into 2- or 3-rib portions. Serve with heated remaining sauce.

Makes 8 to 10 servings.

I can see that: Mister, I've got to get on this plane. There's a guy in England waiting on these ribs. And, you've got to hurry, too, or they'll be cold before we get there!

Actually, it is too hot to cook now - 100 degrees today, and that was with a breeze and sitting in the shade. Planned a trip to the top of the world instead where an ice cave waits for me.

Icecave.jpg

Canned ham can be quite tasty -

line a baking pan with tinfoil

take the ham out of the can and clean the goo off of it, then put it in the tinfoil lined baking pan

make a glaze from a little bit of mustard and a little bit of brown sugar and spread it over the ham

pin a few pineapple slices to the top with a couple of pieces of clove per pineapple slice

pour enough Coca-Cola to cover the bottom of the pan (inside the tinfoil and around the ham - not on it)

close the tinfoil over the ham

put it in the oven at about 375 degrees and let it cook until it smells good and is hot throughout.

Put asparagus spears with shredded bacon and almond slices, cranberry glazed baby carrots, and a couple of hot buttered Parker House rolls next to that and you've got dinner.

I'd really like a slice of apple pie with a scoop of ice cream. I would, I would, I would ... wonder if sympathetic magic works ....

applepie.jpg

LOL! I think she said, "When Hell freezes over!" LOL!

eloisel said:
I can see that: Mister, I've got to get on this plane. There's a guy in England waiting on these ribs. And, you've got to hurry, too, or they'll be cold before we get there!

Actually, it is too hot to cook now - 100 degrees today, and that was with a breeze and sitting in the shade. Planned a trip to the top of the world instead where an ice cave waits for me.

Icecave.jpg

That is a very good question. Where are all the hot men? I think that the interesting ones, at least, are busy trying to educate Paladin/Lucy on the fine art of trolling.

However, this young feller is making salad:
salad-2.jpg

^^that guy looks like he's getting ready to pour the sauce over himself and his naughty bits! Yum. . .makes me salivate.