Cosplay, nerdery, and introverts...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've always liked to play dress-up. I'm also an introvert. This is maybe mildly interesting, because for some costumes, you really need other people to make the costume work.

For example, you can absolutely be James Bond, Indiana Jones, or Doctor Who without anyone else. Most of your superheroes: Captain America, Batman, etc. Even certain X-Men (Wolverine, for example). You just can't be The Fantastic Four.

On the other hand, there are some cosplays where you really need people. Say, Laurel & Hardy. The 3 Stooges. I have a Stargate: SG-1 getup. But it just isn't as impressive because you really need 3 more people to pull off an SG team. Or Ghostbusters. One Ghostbuster is kind of lame (sorry, Dir...no, even Dirt Farmer Egon proves 1 Ghostbuster doesn't work). And forget about being The Village People. I mean, what, are you going to show up as The Indian and expect people to get it?

OK. Forget that last one. Hat's off to this guy. He's living the introvert cosplay dream:

Mirah

I love you
I dressed up once
And no I'm not the cute blonde
or the cool dude with the hair
zombie speedracer
GNDQQrA.jpg

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
lol. Talk about your one hit wonder. "Well, I came up with this neat way to be 5 people at once. And I've done The Village People. Now what?" I feel for him.