Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Space

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I'm up to chapter 10 of 12 in this game. So far, it's quite a great thriller. The game concept is a giant mish-mash of several others, but the creators blended them nicely.

It's definitely a horror piece. Although, it's just a game, I have to admit that there are plenty of times that my heart was pounding and I got a good scare.

Premise:

You are a member of a salvage crew responding to an SOS from a space mining vessel. When you arrive, you find that everything has gone completely haywire on board the ship. Your ship crashes into the larger one and the adventure starts.

When you start to investigate it seems that the crew was attacked by something. Your team is split-up and your vessel destroyed. You start to realize that this something is incredibly terrible and is very powerful. From there, the story just keeps getting darker and creepier.

From my standpoint, the theme is taken from the following: Aliens, Metroid, Bioshock, and Doom. A great combination.

Kinda. Except...

the company that sends you on the investigation already knows about the infestation going on. It's very similar to Aliens.