Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Define yourself

2 results for: yourself

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | the Web
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source your‧self/yʊrˈsɛlf, yɔr-, yoʊr-, yər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[yoo
thinsp.png
r-self, yawr-, yohr-, yer-]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–pronoun, plural -selves /-ˈsɛlvz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[-selvz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation. 1.(an emphatic appositive of you or ye): a letter you yourself wrote. 2.a reflexive form of you (used as the direct or indirect object of a verb or the object of a preposition): Don't blame yourself. Did you ever ask yourself “why”? You can think for yourself. 3.Informal. (used in place of you, esp. in compound subjects, objects, and complements): Ted and yourself have been elected. We saw your sister and yourself at the game. People like yourselves always feel like that. 4.(used in absolute constructions): Yourself having so little money, how could they expect you to help? 5.your normal or customary self: You'll soon be yourself again. 6.(used in place of you after as, than, or but): scholars as famous as yourselves; a girl no older than yourself. 7.oneself: The surest way is to do it yourself.
[Origin: 1275–1325; ME; see your, self]

—Usage note See myself.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source your·self (y
oobreve.gif
r-s
ebreve.gif
lf
prime.gif
, yôr-, y
omacr.gif
r-, y
schwa.gif
r-) Pronunciation Key
premium.gif

pron.
  1. That one identical with you.
    1. <LI type=a>Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or as the object of a preposition: Did you buy yourself a gift? <LI type=a>Used for emphasis: You yourself were certain of the facts.
    2. Used in an absolute construction: In office yourself, you helped push the bill along.
  2. Your normal or healthy condition: Are you feeling yourself again? See Usage Note at myself.
(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Rational Materialist;
Irreligious;
Big fan of Robert M. Pirsig;
Believe that the USA's only lasting legacy will probably be the 1st Amendment, though it may go into hiding for a few decades (or centuries).

Whoops...did I take this too seriously?

i define myself as a wholesome christian possessed of the demon known as LOTSA SEX!!

That's Mister LOTSA SEX...if yer NASTY! :shock: