Deontay Wilder (42-0-1) - Tyson Fury (20-0-1) ll

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
i

Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury trade shoves, insults at final presser
Heavyweight world titlist Deontay Wilder made his walk to the stage first, and when lineal champion Tyson Fury joined him moments later, all of the niceties and mutual respect they have shown each other throughout the buildup to their rematch was out the window

Wilder-Fury II has trilogy rematch clause - Warren
Heavyweight world titlist Deontay Wilder and lineal champion Tyson Fury will meet in a rematch on Saturday, but the fight could become a trilogy, the Briton's promoter Frank Warren has said."The loser has 30 days to call on the rematch and that has to be accepted,"

Bradley's breakdown: Who has the edge in Wilder vs. Fury II?

Last edited:

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Deontay Wilder weighs in at 231, heaviest of career; Tyson Fury '273 pounds of pure British beef'

"I've been holding that weight for the last three months in training camp," said Fury, who will be defending the lineal crown for the sixth time. "I've been sparring every day with it, training every day, so weight is not a problem -- 273 pounds of pure British beef. It's no secret. I'm looking for a knockout of Deontay Wilder."

"At the end of the day, we're heavyweights, so it really doesn't matter about the weight," said Wilder, who will be making the 11th defense of his belt. "As you can see throughout my whole career, I've been underweight.

Last edited:

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Tyson Fury stops Deontay Wilder as corner throws in towel in 7th

Fury retained the lineal heavyweight championship and seized Wilder's WBC belt with the win. The fight was viewed by many as the biggest heavyweight world title bout since Lennox Lewis knocked out Mike Tyson, both of whom were ringside.

Both men called for an immediate rematch, but each took a pair of interim bouts and won to set up the massively anticipated sequel. This time, Wilder (42-1-1, 41 KOs), 34, of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, came nowhere near doing the kind of damage he did to Fury the first time, nor did Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs), 31, bother to box. Fury wanted to fight.

;

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II gate breaks Nevada heavyweight record
Before Saturday, the Lewis-Holyfield rematch was the seventh-highest gate in Nevada boxing history, regardless of weight class. And it is the only fight in the top 10 of that category that did not take place within the past 20 years.The 2015 fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao pulled in the largest gate in Nevada boxing history, at $72.2 million.

DIVISIONAL RANKINGS - HEAVYWEIGHT
Top-5
No.1: Deontay Wilder (42-0-1)
No.2: Anthony Joshua (23-1)
No.3: Tyson Fury (29-0-1)
No.4: Dillian Whyte (27-1)

No.5: Andy Ruiz Jr. (33-2)

No.

Last edited:

steve samurai jack

Bradley and Ward: Where does Wilder go from here? Is Fury ready for Joshua?

Fury-Wilder was a return to the glory days of heavyweight fights

Charles Martin, Emanuel Navarrete score TKO wins in Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II undercard
Charles Martin (28-2-1, 25 KOs) defeated Gerald Washington (20-4-1, 13 KOs).
Martin scored a one-punch, sixth-round knockout of Gerald Washington in a world title elimination bout on Saturday night, the co-feature of the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II card at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Emanuel Navarrete (31-1, 27 KOs) defeated Jeo Tupas Santisima (19-3, 16 KOs) Navarrete pounded on Santisima, and referee Russell Mora eventually stepped in to stop the fight at 2 minutes, 20 seconds, just as Santisima's corner was throwing in the towel.

Last edited:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Deontay Wilder confirms third Tyson Fury fight, says 40-pound costume wore down legs

Former heavyweight world titlist Deontay Wilder told ESPN on Monday that he will "definitely" exercise his right to an immediate third fight with Tyson Fury.Fury, the lineal champion who took Wilder's WBC belt, knocked Wilder down twice and stopped him when Wilder's co-trainer, Mark Breland, threw in the towel as Fury was pounding Wilder in a corner during the seventh round of their mega rematch on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. "We're definitely going to exercise it," said Wilder, who fought to a disputed draw with Fury 14 months ago. "We're looking forward to it. I'm a warrior and a true champion, and I fight like that every bit of the way. We're definitely going on with it. That's for sure. By the summertime." Under terms of the deal for the rematch, both sides had the right to invoke an immediate third fight, regardless of the result. Wilder suffered his first defeat in an utterly one-sided fight. He said he knew as soon as he got into the ring that there was a problem with his legs, which he believes was the result of his miscalculating the weight of the costume he wore into the ring.

i

"There were a lot of things that went wrong leading up to the fight, in the last minutes before the fight, but I accept full responsibility," Wilder said. "I paid a severe price because my legs were how they were because of my uniform. My uniform was way too heavy. It was 40-plus pounds. We had it on 10 or 15 minutes before we even walked out and then put the helmet on. That was extra weight, then the ring walk, then going up the stairs. It was like a real workout for my legs. When I took it off, I knew immediately that game has changed." Wilder had an all-black costume, which also lit up, designed as a tribute for Black History Month. "I really let the designers freelance with it. It was really their idea," Wilder said. "By the third round, I had no legs. I was completely done. My legs were gone. I had to step into survival mode very early. But you know me -- I'm going out on my shield. I'm a fighter. I'm a warrior. That's what I do." Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, Fury's co-promoter, said he was surprised that Wilder would wear such heavy gear going to the ring, and he pointed out the potential effects of the outfit's full mask.

For Complete Story, Click Here,

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Use of cupcakeer in proper names

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
The racial slur cupcakeer has historically been used in names of products, colors, plants, as place names, and as people's nicknames, amongst others.
Contents
Commercial products

Poster for "cupcakeer Hair" tobacco, later known as "Bigger Hair"

In the US, the word cupcakeer featured in branding and packaging consumer products, e.g., "cupcakeer Hair Tobacco" and "cupcakeerhead Oysters". As the term became less acceptable in mainstream culture, the tobacco brand became "Bigger Hair" and the canned goods brand became "Negro Head".[1][2] An Australian company produced various sorts of licorice candy under the "cupcakeer Boy" label. These included candy cigarettes and one box with an image of an Indian snake charmer.[3][4][5] Compare these with the various national varieties and names for chocolate-coated marshmallow treats, and with Darlie, formerly Darkie, toothpaste.
Plant and animal names

Orsotriaena medus, once known as the cupcakeer butterfly

Some colloquial or local names for plants and animals used to include the word "cupcakeer" or "cupcakeerhead".
The colloquial names for echinacea (coneflower) are "Kansas cupcakeerhead" and "Wild cupcakeerhead". The cotton-top cactus (Echinocactus polycephalus) is a round, cabbage-sized plant covered with large, crooked thorns, and used to be known in Arizona as the "cupcakeerhead cactus". In the early 20th century, double-crested cormorants (Phalacrocorax auritus) were known in some areas of Florida as "cupcakeer geese".[6] In some parts of the U.S., Brazil nuts were known as "cupcakeer toes".[7]
The "cupcakeerhead termite" (Nasutitermes graveolus) is a native of Australia.[8]
Colors
A shade of dark brown used to be known as "cupcakeer brown" or simply "cupcakeer";[9] other colors were also prefixed with the word. Usage as a color word continued for some time after it was no longer acceptable about people.[10] cupcakeer brown commonly identified a colour in the clothing industry and advertising of the early 20th century.[11]
Nicknames of people

Nig Perrine

During the Spanish–American War US Army General John J. Pershing's original nickname, cupcakeer Jack, given to him as an instructor at West Point because of his service with "Buffalo Soldier" units, was euphemized to Black Jack by reporters.[12][13]
In the first half of the twentieth century, before Major League Baseball was racially integrated, dark-skinned and dark-complexioned players were nicknamed Nig;[14][15] examples are: Johnny Beazley (1941–49), Joe Berry (1921–22), Bobby Bragan (1940–48), Nig Clarke (1905–20), Nig Cuppy (1892–1901), Nig Fuller (1902), Johnny Grabowski (1923–31), Nig Lipscomb (1937), Charlie Niebergall (1921–24), Nig Perrine (1907), and Frank Smith (1904–15). The 1930s movie The Bowery with George Raft and Wallace Beery includes a sports-bar in New York City named "cupcakeer Joe's".
In 1960, a stand at the stadium in Toowoomba, Australia, was named the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" honoring 1920s rugby league player Edwin Brown, so ironically nicknamed since early life because of his pale white skin; his tombstone is engraved cupcakeer. Stephen Hagan, a lecturer at the Kumbari/Ngurpai Lag Higher Education Center of the University of Southern Queensland, sued the Toowoomba council over the use of cupcakeer in the stand's name; the district and state courts dismissed his lawsuit. He appealed to the High Court of Australia, who ruled the naming matter beyond federal jurisdiction. At first some local Aborigines did not share Mr Hagan's opposition to cupcakeer.[16] Hagan appealed to the United Nations, winning a committee recommendation to the Australian federal government, that it force the Queensland state government to remove the word cupcakeer from the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" name. The Australian federal government followed the High Court's jurisdiction ruling. In September 2008, the stand was demolished. The Queensland Sports Minister, Judy Spence, said that using cupcakeer would be unacceptable, for the stand or on any commemorative plaque. The 2005 book The N Word: One Man's Stand by Hagan includes this episode.[16][17]
Place names
Many places in the United States, and some in Canada, were given names that included the word "cupcakeer", usually named after a person, or for a perceived resemblance of a geographic feature to a human being (see cupcakeerhead). Most of these place names have long been changed. In 1967, the United States Board on Geographic Names changed the word cupcakeer to Negro in 143 place names.[citation needed]
In West Texas, "Dead cupcakeer Creek" was renamed "Dead Negro Draw";[18] both names probably commemorate the Buffalo Soldier tragedy of 1877.[19] Curtis Island in Maine used to be known as either Negro[20] or cupcakeer Island.[21] The island was renamed in 1934 after Cyrus H. K. Curtis, publisher of the Saturday Evening Post, who lived locally.[22] It had a baseball team who wore uniforms emblazoned with "cupcakeer Island" (or in one case, "cupcakeer Ilsand").[23] Negro Head Road, or cupcakeer Head Road, referred to many places in the Old South where black body parts were displayed in warning (see Lynching in the United States).
Some renamings honor a real person. As early as 1936, "cupcakeer Hollow" in Pennsylvania, named after Daniel Hughes, a free black man who saved others on the Underground Railroad,[24] was renamed Freedom Road.[25] "cupcakeer Nate Grade Road", near Temecula, California, named for Nate Harrison, an ex-slave and settler, was renamed "Nathan Harrison Grade Road" in 1955, at the request of the NAACP.[26]
Sometimes other substitutes for "cupcakeer" were used. "cupcakeer Head Mountain", at Burnet, Texas, was named because the forest atop it resembled a black man's hair. In 1966, the First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson, denounced the racist name, asking the U.S. Board on Geographic Names and the U.S. Forest Service to rename it, becoming "Colored Mountain" in 1968.[citation needed] Other renamings were more creative. "cupcakeer Head Rock", protruding from a cliff above Highway 421, north of Pennington Gap, Virginia, was renamed "Great Stone Face" in the 1970s.[citation needed]
Some names have been metaphorically or literally wiped off the map. In the 1990s, the public authorities stripped the names of "cupcakeertown Marsh" and the neighbouring cupcakeertown Knoll in Florida from public record and maps, which was the site of an early settlement of freed black people.[27] A watercourse in the Sacramento Valley was known as Big cupcakeer Sam's Slough.[28]

Sign replaced in September 2016

Sometimes a name changes more than once: a peak above Santa Monica, California was first renamed "Negrohead Mountain", and in February 2010 was renamed again to Ballard Mountain, in honor of John Ballard, a black pioneer who settled the area in the nineteenth century. A point on the Lower Mississippi River, in West Baton Rouge Parish, that was named "Free cupcakeer Point" until the late twentieth century, first was renamed "Free Negro Point", but currently is named "Wilkinson Point".[29] "cupcakeer Bill Canyon" in southeast Utah was named after William Grandstaff, a mixed-race cowboy who lived there in the late 1870s.[30] In the 1960s, it was renamed Negro Bill Canyon. Within the past few years, there has been a campaign to rename it again, as Grandstaff Canyon, but this is opposed by the local NAACP chapter, whose president said "Negro is an acceptable word".[31] However the trailhead for the hiking trail up the canyon was renamed in September 2016 to "Grandstaff Trailhead"[32] The new sign for the trailhead was stolen within five days of installation.[33]
A few places in Canada also used the word. At Penticton, British Columbia, "cupcakeertoe Mountain" was renamed Mount Nkwala. The place-name derived from a 1908 Christmas story about three black men who died in a blizzard; the next day, the bodies of two were found at the foot of the mountain.[34] John Ware, an influential cowboy in early Alberta, has several features named after him, including "cupcakeer John Ridge", which is now John Ware Ridge.[35]

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Tyson Fury doubles down on idea of retiring after two more fights
"I've got two more fights left, and then we're going to really think about what we're going to do from there," said Fury, who was a guest alongside his wife, Paris, on "This Morning" on ITV in the United Kingdom on Wednesday. "Because how long is a piece of string? I'm undefeated in 31 professional fights. This is my 12th year as a professional."

jack

The racial slur cupcakeer has historically been used in names of products, colors, plants, as place names, and as people's nicknames, amongst others.
Contents
Commercial products

In the US, the word cupcakeer featured in branding and packaging consumer products, e.g., "cupcakeer Hair Tobacco" and "cupcakeerhead Oysters". As the term became less acceptable in mainstream culture, the tobacco brand became "Bigger Hair" and the canned goods brand became "Negro Head".[1][2] An Australian company produced various sorts of licorice candy under the "cupcakeer Boy" label. These included candy cigarettes and one box with an image of an Indian snake charmer.[3][4][5] Compare these with the various national varieties and names for chocolate-coated marshmallow treats, and with Darlie, formerly Darkie, toothpaste.
Plant and animal names

Some colloquial or local names for plants and animals used to include the word "cupcakeer" or "cupcakeerhead".
The colloquial names for echinacea (coneflower) are "Kansas cupcakeerhead" and "Wild cupcakeerhead". The cotton-top cactus (Echinocactus polycephalus) is a round, cabbage-sized plant covered with large, crooked thorns, and used to be known in Arizona as the "cupcakeerhead cactus". In the early 20th century, double-crested cormorants (Phalacrocorax auritus) were known in some areas of Florida as "cupcakeer geese".[6] In some parts of the U.S., Brazil nuts were known as "cupcakeer toes".[7]
The "cupcakeerhead termite" (Nasutitermes graveolus) is a native of Australia.[8]
Colors
A shade of dark brown used to be known as "cupcakeer brown" or simply "cupcakeer";[9] other colors were also prefixed with the word. Usage as a color word continued for some time after it was no longer acceptable about people.[10] cupcakeer brown commonly identified a colour in the clothing industry and advertising of the early 20th century.[11]
Nicknames of people

Nig Perrine

During the Spanish–American War US Army General John J. Pershing's original nickname, cupcakeer Jack, given to him as an instructor at West Point because of his service with "Buffalo Soldier" units, was euphemized to Black Jack by reporters.[12][13]
In the first half of the twentieth century, before Major League Baseball was racially integrated, dark-skinned and dark-complexioned players were nicknamed Nig;[14][15] examples are: Johnny Beazley (1941–49), Joe Berry (1921–22), Bobby Bragan (1940–48), Nig Clarke (1905–20), Nig Cuppy (1892–1901), Nig Fuller (1902), Johnny Grabowski (1923–31), Nig Lipscomb (1937), Charlie Niebergall (1921–24), Nig Perrine (1907), and Frank Smith (1904–15). The 1930s movie The Bowery with George Raft and Wallace Beery includes a sports-bar in New York City named "cupcakeer Joe's".
In 1960, a stand at the stadium in Toowoomba, Australia, was named the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" honoring 1920s rugby league player Edwin Brown, so ironically nicknamed since early life because of his pale white skin; his tombstone is engraved cupcakeer. Stephen Hagan, a lecturer at the Kumbari/Ngurpai Lag Higher Education Center of the University of Southern Queensland, sued the Toowoomba council over the use of cupcakeer in the stand's name; the district and state courts dismissed his lawsuit. He appealed to the High Court of Australia, who ruled the naming matter beyond federal jurisdiction. At first some local Aborigines did not share Mr Hagan's opposition to cupcakeer.[16] Hagan appealed to the United Nations, winning a committee recommendation to the Australian federal government, that it force the Queensland state government to remove the word cupcakeer from the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" name. The Australian federal government followed the High Court's jurisdiction ruling. In September 2008, the stand was demolished. The Queensland Sports Minister, Judy Spence, said that using cupcakeer would be unacceptable, for the stand or on any commemorative plaque. The 2005 book The N Word: One Man's Stand by Hagan includes this episode.[16][17]
Place names
Many places in the United States, and some in Canada, were given names that included the word "cupcakeer", usually named after a person, or for a perceived resemblance of a geographic feature to a human being (see cupcakeerhead). Most of these place names have long been changed. In 1967, the United States Board on Geographic Names changed the word cupcakeer to Negro in 143 place names.[citation needed]
In West Texas, "Dead cupcakeer Creek" was renamed "Dead Negro Draw";[18] both names probably commemorate the Buffalo Soldier tragedy of 1877.[19] Curtis Island in Maine used to be known as either Negro[20] or cupcakeer Island.[21] The island was renamed in 1934 after Cyrus H. K. Curtis, publisher of the Saturday Evening Post, who lived locally.[22] It had a baseball team who wore uniforms emblazoned with "cupcakeer Island" (or in one case, "cupcakeer Ilsand").[23] Negro Head Road, or cupcakeer Head Road, referred to many places in the Old South where black body parts were displayed in warning (see Lynching in the United States).
Some renamings honor a real person. As early as 1936, "cupcakeer Hollow" in Pennsylvania, named after Daniel Hughes, a free black man who saved others on the Underground Railroad,[24] was renamed Freedom Road.[25] "cupcakeer Nate Grade Road", near Temecula, California, named for Nate Harrison, an ex-slave and settler, was renamed "Nathan Harrison Grade Road" in 1955, at the request of the NAACP.[26]
Sometimes other substitutes for "cupcakeer" were used. "cupcakeer Head Mountain", at Burnet, Texas, was named because the forest atop it resembled a black man's hair. In 1966, the First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson, denounced the racist name, asking the U.S. Board on Geographic Names and the U.S. Forest Service to rename it, becoming "Colored Mountain" in 1968.[citation needed] Other renamings were more creative. "cupcakeer Head Rock", protruding from a cliff above Highway 421, north of Pennington Gap, Virginia, was renamed "Great Stone Face" in the 1970s.[citation needed]
Some names have been metaphorically or literally wiped off the map. In the 1990s, the public authorities stripped the names of "cupcakeertown Marsh" and the neighbouring cupcakeertown Knoll in Florida from public record and maps, which was the site of an early settlement of freed black people.[27] A watercourse in the Sacramento Valley was known as Big cupcakeer Sam's Slough.[28]

Sometimes a name changes more than once: a peak above Santa Monica, California was first renamed "Negrohead Mountain", and in February 2010 was renamed again to Ballard Mountain, in honor of John Ballard, a black pioneer who settled the area in the nineteenth century. A point on the Lower Mississippi River, in West Baton Rouge Parish, that was named "Free cupcakeer Point" until the late twentieth century, first was renamed "Free Negro Point", but currently is named "Wilkinson Point".[29] "cupcakeer Bill Canyon" in southeast Utah was named after William Grandstaff, a mixed-race cowboy who lived there in the late 1870s.[30] In the 1960s, it was renamed Negro Bill Canyon. Within the past few years, there has been a campaign to rename it again, as Grandstaff Canyon, but this is opposed by the local NAACP chapter, whose president said "Negro is an acceptable word".[31] However the trailhead for the hiking trail up the canyon was renamed in September 2016 to "Grandstaff Trailhead"[32] The new sign for the trailhead was stolen within five days of installation.[33]
A few places in Canada also used the word. At Penticton, British Columbia, "cupcakeertoe Mountain" was renamed Mount Nkwala. The place-name derived from a 1908 Christmas story about three black men who died in a blizzard; the next day, the bodies of two were found at the foot of the mountain.[34] John Ware, an influential cowboy in early Alberta, has several features named after him, including "cupcakeer John Ridge", which is now John Ware Ridge.[35]

Quote Reply

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Adam Kownacki (20-0, 15 KOs) eager for elusive title shot, wants Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder III winner

i

Kownacki's path to a title shot is blocked for the time being because world champion Tyson Fury is bound to a third fight with former titlist Deontay Wilder, tentatively slated for July 18. Three-belt titleholder Anthony Joshua has to address two mandatory defenses: one against Kubrat Pulev on June 20, and another later in the year against Oleksandr Usyk. All of those fights have left Kownacki spinning his wheels, waiting for an opening but knowing he must keep winning to get the elusive title shot. At least the fun-loving Kownacki has a positive attitude about the situation. Kownacki will face Robert Helenius in a world title elimination fight in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions heavyweight tripleheader on Saturday (Fox and Fox Deportes, 8 p.m. ET) at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. It will be Kownacki's 10th fight at Barclays and his fifth time in a row.

For Complete Story, Click Here.

jack

Contents

Commercial products

Plant and animal names

Colors
Nicknames of people

Nig Perrine

Place names

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder III being pushed back to fall due to coronavirus pandemic

The third fight between heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury and former titlist Deontay Wilder is still on track to be their next bout, but it will not take place on July 18 as originally planned due to the coronavirus pandemic, Top Rank chairman Bob Arum told ESPN on Tuesday. After Fury knocked out Wilder in the seventh round of their rematch on Feb. 22 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Wilder exercised his contractual right to an immediate third fight. Arum, Fury's co-promoter with Frank Warren, said the bout would be July 18, also at the MGM Grand, and that it would headline another joint pay-per-view between ESPN, Fury's broadcaster, and Fox, a broadcast outlet for Premier Boxing Champions, which represents Wilder.

Click Here For Full Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Camps for Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder target Dec. 19 as potential fight date

One of the proposed dates for the third fight in the trilogy between WBC heavyweight titlist and lineal champion Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder is Dec. 19, Top Rank president Todd duBoef said. "Us, and the Fury and Wilder camps are targeting that as one of the potential dates," duBoef said. A potential site for the fight could be Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Top Rank chief Bob Arum told ESPN."We've reserved that date for Allegiant Stadium," Arum said. "The Raiders are playing on that Thursday [Dec. 17], which is perfect. After the game is over, we put up the ring and so forth. We have a couple of days to do it, and Saturday we have the fight."The second bout between Fury and Wilder, on Feb. 22 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, produced a live gate of nearly $17 million, which was a significant portion of the revenue for the rematch. It's not yet clear whether live audiences will be allowed into sporting events by December, and duBoef said everything is fluid at this moment given the current pandemic. After fighting to a split draw in their first meeting in December 2018, Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs) dominated Wilder (42-1-1, 41 KOs) in the rematch, sending him to the canvas twice en route to a seventh-round TKO victory.

Click Here For Complete Story