Diablo II is awesome

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Had to set it up in 2D mode to get it to draw properly with my crappy NVIDIA 256m card, but now it works.

Very much fun. I have no idea wtf is going on yet, but I'm hacking at spitting demons and stuff so it must be good.

There is an unofficial patch you can download to improve it significantly. It's very popular.

I suggest you beat the game once, then try bnet. You trade items with people, etc. Lots of people to troll as well.

Careful on how you distribute points.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
Man, this game was a time waster. And got boring after a while-- but that's in part because my rigs never were the fastest when I had the game, so I had some lag issues even in single player.

But I had at least beaten normal difficulty with all seven classes. Maybe I might buy the game again to play with you guys, but don't hold your breath.

Fun fact: I got the game to run on a rig below minimum requirements. IIRC, DII wanted a PII 233. I ran it on a PI 166 with 96 Mb RAM :bigass:

jack

Malarky

Resident Smartarse
Now that Jack's learned how to throw axes in Diablo II, he finally knows a new way to fuck people in the neck.

They are excellent at the beginning of the game. Also, you should install the expansion if you haven't.

jack

I havent. When I installed the game at first I installed the meg and a half everything version but I called the wrong draw function on the card during setup, so I uninstalled and just installed the single version.

I can't play battlenet yet. Is there a way to install the rest without uninstalling?

If you don't have an option to update the installation, I don't think you can w/o uninstalling. It's generally worth it. You can backup your character if you don't want to lose him.

You can, however, update to the expansion without uninstalling. It gives a bunch of new features which include a larger stash.

jack

Ive started over with Sorceress.

PERFECT! That one's my character.

jack

I call her Sylph Devine. :D

jack

I'm at level five and Ive got three elements developed nicely.

I again suggest you take the time one day to install the expansion, if you haven't.

Your mana pool will be small at first so you want to first chill the enemies then wack them. Relying solely on spells will see you run out of the blue too quickly to advance at a decent pace.

Develop the ice spells and go for Blizzard Orb. It will own everything on Normal and even Nightmare skill.

The game is easy to learn but hard to master. It's extremely intricate when it comes to item and skill setups, but easy enough to learn and play from level 1 Blood Moor. From the same geniuses that brought you Starcraft...

What am I saying? You are the guy who owned a good number of arcade games. You can comprehend the larger, overall concepts and master the smaller intricacies of fucking demons over, easy.

jack

I'm working on it :bigass: I've already got manna regen up to 52%

jack

This stuff is awesome.

Don't put too much into Warmth. I mean, more than 2 points. Even saving skill points until you get to levels 6, 12, 20, 28 and 30 to get the stronger magic will help you more.

jack

Ah I understand. Thanks TAM.

jack

Ah well, she died, so I uninstalled, and reinstalled the full version and the expansion set.

Get back to you later :D