Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think it's possible to die from a broken heart?

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Well? I'm just wondering would you only die from a broken heart if it was your child that died or your spouse of fifty years? Or do you think a sudden break up after just 3 or 4 years can do it?

No, death would be too easy. There is something about that kind of pain that wants to hang around and make you misterable for a long long time.

:(
mm

I know of couples that have been married a long time, one dies, then the other one dies shortly thereafter. June and Johnny Cash went that way. I've had dogs and cats that did that too. Was it a broken heart, or a lonely one? Perhaps. Could be they were near the same age and it was their time.

Many would have died at age 16 /17 if this were true. The intensity of a broken heart at this age is powerful enough.

Yeah, the people in my family that died of broken hearts were also heavy drinkers and smokers.

But in both cases, it only took them about a month from loosing someone, to actually joining them

Toxic thoughts can affect the immune system, so certainly.

Now June Carter and the heart surgery (to boot)... that's just 100% pure boppin' power ballad incarnate. Mad symbolism.

eloisel said:
June and Johnny Cash went that way.

Laker_Girl said:
Well? I'm just wondering would you only die from a broken heart if it was your child that died or your spouse of fifty years? Or do you think a sudden break up after just 3 or 4 years can do it?

Statistics show in longer marriages that the life span of a surviving spouse considerably shortens when one spouse dies.

Ditto a kid, even more so I think, but yes, I would agree with that supposition.

Had a neighbor across the street for a long time. His wife of 50 years passed away and he outlived her by another 15. However, he was senile and those last 15 years of his life he thought she'd just died a few months back.

curiousa2z said:
where were you during WC, man???!!

Traveling around, catching games where I could... depressed and suicidal over yet another shameful exit from the swedes. Happens every fourth year. ;)

My Papa lived for eight years after my Granny died but he lived to make things right, Granny was a little self-centered and Papa didn't want that to be my memory of my mom's parents. When Papa got sick he died within six months and the last coherent thing he said was that it was time, he was tired and he missed Granny. I think he would have fought harder if he didn't love my Granny so much.

I definitely think it's possible to die of a broken heart especially if that love is what you live for. I've told my boyfriend several times that I have to die first, I couldn't take life without him.