Doctor Who fans to lose their shit again (season 14)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
what the fuck is that sonic

CaptainWacky

I sieorusly doubt Davina MCcall would make calls like that personally. tHey'd have a producer do it. Especially on CHristmas eve! BRING BACK CHIBNALL (don't really.)

oh I guess it's because she has bad luck and wants to talk to Ruby, ALL IS FORGIVEN, RTD, EVEN FOR TORCHWOOD

IokayI'll stop and wathci properly now

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked it, the sonic looks like two lady shavers.

Sudden mid credits extra scene!

CaptainWacky

VERY MCU MID CREDITS SCENE EH I GUESS WOKE DISNEY FORCED THEM TO DOO IT

it was pretty good, Ncuti and Millie were good and fun together. I guess the goblins could time travel even though the Doctor thought they coldn't? He could have chased the woman who left Ruby at the church and solved that no doubt season long mystery but I guess he just didn't feel like running.

I thought the new series would start January but it's May wtf.

So was Anita Dobson actually supposed to be some mystery character or was it just a fourth wall break moment?

Last edited:

whisky

Boobie inspector
Could be a callback to that terrible children in need EastEnders doctor who crossover.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

FUCK THIS MIDNIGHT RELEASE SHIT, TV SHOULD BE EXACTLY LIKE IT'S ALWAYS BEEN.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm not staying up late, but it will be nice not having to wait until six to watch it.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
looking forward to watching Doctor Who at shit o'clock in the morning so I don't get spoiled by the 10,000 "DOCTOR WHO ENDING EXPLAINED: K9'S SECRET SEX LIFE" videos appearing on Saturday morning

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I for one welcome our dom top robot dog overlords.

CaptainWacky

They've announced the writers of the 8 (why only 8) episodes of "season 1" (lol): 6 written by RTD. One by Kate Herron (who did the Loki show) and Briony Redman. And one by, you guessed it...

Best title is:

CaptainWacky

There's a trailer too (wasn't there just one about a week ago.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This looks like the kind of season that a) purist fans won't like at all and b) I am REALLY gonna like lol.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This season, "BBC" means something else.

CaptainWacky

This looks like the kind of season that a) purist fans won't like at all and b) I am REALLY gonna like lol.

It's funny that certain people were crying out for RTD to return through much of the Moffat and certainly all of the Chibnal years: if you want RTD then he's going to RTD.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I guess I'm just hoping we're getting more of the It's a Sin RTD (i.e., a really good writer) instead of the old Doctor Who RTD (i.e., a sometimes very good but sometimes pretty bad writer). The specials didn't really give me hope about that though.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
If a Timelord gets "white male" for his entire regeneration cycle, the next cycle has to be all diversity hires. :borg:

StarMan™

It hasn't recovered since the dip in Capaldi's era. To be fair, it started teetering during Smith's term.

I didn't last long with Jodie's Doctor; was really looking forward to her take. What might have been with a different showrunner and sensibility...

That first special was a trainwreck. Missed the second and the third was only saved by NPH's charisma. I'll be happy to never see Tennant in Who again.

Trailer is probably the most visually stunning I've seen for Who, and I felt absolutely nothing. Unless I read RTD has overcome his fart-sniffing addiction, I won't be watching.