Donald Trump vows to 'fight for right of country' if he believes election loss not 'honest'

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Donald Trump has vowed to "fight for the right of the country" if he loses November's election and thinks the result is not "honest".

The former US president, who is running for a second term in the White House, did not commit to accepting the results of the 2024 election. The comments he made during an interview on Wednesday appeared to echo his remarks during the 2020 election campaign, with election fraud claims prompting a mob to storm the US Capitol in Washington DC on January 6, 2021. After yesterday's rally in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Trump: "If everything's honest, I'll gladly accept the results. I don't change on that. If it's not, you have to fight for the right of the country."

He added he would "let it be known" if he thought the upcoming election was not "honest" but said he anticipated it would be. The Republican politician, who is currently on trial in New York, said: "I expect an honest election and we expect to win maybe very big. "I want people that vote to cast an honest ballot. I want the ballots to be counted honestly. I don't want people going to legislatures and getting things not approved and then doing it anyway."

Trump also repeated his false claim that he beat Joe Biden in Wisconsin four years ago, as he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: "If you go back and look at all of the things that had been found out, it showed that I won the election in Wisconsin. It also showed I won the election in other locations."

In reality, Biden won Wisconsin in 2020 by just over 20,000 votes, securing 1,630,866 votes compared to Trump's 1,610,184. Trump previously won the state in 2016.

Wednesday was the first day that Trump returned to the campaign trail since his criminal hush money trial began in earnest last month. Body language expert Judi James told us that Trump showed "purring smugness" and "ego-fuelled confidence" while holding rallies "in front of audiences he loves" during yesterday's rallies.

According to the expert, the former president appeared to be "keen to blow away" the pressures of his trials with his "body language performances". Ms James said: "Out of the courtroom and back in front of the audiences he loves, Trump’s body language signals of purring smugness and high-octane ego-fuelled confidence returned here.

"His chest is puffed again and his hands held with palms turned outward towards his fans in a gesture of sharing and openness. The puffing and blowing of his cheeks is replaced by a broad, winning beam and the suggestion that he is a man brought down by the pressures of his trials is an idea that he seems keen to blow away here in these body language performances."