Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]r5TEkHem26Y[/YOUTUBE]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"There is no way that bed was steel reinforced." - Matt Santos

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"It's odd, really, watching yourself being replaced on national television. Planned obsolescence. Presidents and mid sized family sedans."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"You love it, you live for it, you were born to do it, I'm the same way. Everybody tells me to get a life, although I don't know why... I find life to be terribly overrated. It's actually quite boring when it's not disappointing. Say what you will about what we do, but boring it is not." - Louise "Lou" Thornton

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Campaigning's about promise; governing's about achievement. It's tougher and a lot less romantic, but it's not boring. I already think you're smarter than everyone, that's why I want you down the hall. Come on, it's not like getting a life!" - Josh Lyman

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Well, first of all, let's clear up a couple of things. "Unfunded mandate" is two words, not one big word. There are times when we're fifty states and there are times when we're one country, and have national needs. And the way I know this is that Florida didn't fight Germany in World War II or establish civil rights. You think states should do the governing wall-to-wall. That's a perfectly valid opinion. But your state of Florida got $12.6 billion in federal money last year - from Nebraskans, and Virginians, and New Yorkers, and Alaskans, with their Eskimo poetry. 12.6 out of a state budget of $50 billion. I'm supposed to be using this time for a question, so here it is: Can we have it back, please?"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"This guy's walkin' down the street and he falls into a hole, see?"

[YOUTUBE]ZQJ6yqQRAQs[/YOUTUBE]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"I have a secret plan to fight inflation?"

Mirah

I love you
Are there any other WW threads here that I should be having discussions in. 2012 soooo many years ago.
I am currently on Season 3 episode 9

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm so jealous! I'm always jealous of people watching it for the first time, because it was soooo good.

I don't know about other threads, more like quotes or clips showing up in various threads...

Enjoy it, and stay with it when you hit season 5 and things take a weird turn (that's when Aaron Sorkin left). Things get a little darker and there are some bad episodes, but it's still worth following all the way to the end.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Cool, I never watched it. Is that the Martin Sheen/Kevin Spacey vehicle?

Mirah

I love you
I'm so jealous! I'm always jealous of people watching it for the first time, because it was soooo good.

I don't know about other threads, more like quotes or clips showing up in various threads...

Enjoy it, and stay with it when you hit season 5 and things take a weird turn (that's when Aaron Sorkin left). Things get a little darker and there are some bad episodes, but it's still worth following all the way to the end.

I have watched it in the past when I was married. My husband watched it and I didn't watch it so much as I was just in the same room when it was on. But I feel like I am watchng it for the first time. I have heard about the later seasons. I didn't know there were so many honestly.

The episode I watched tonight where CJ gets angry about selling guns to Quamar because of how they treat women reminded me of a conversation I had with my husband. We were on a trip to the San Juans and we were having dinner and talking about the war, and we clearly had different ideas about it. A man at a table nearby heard his comments and made his opinion known to us. It was awkward when we all boarded the ferry after.

Mirah

I love you
Also, what is the deal with John Hoynes?
It seemed there was contention and it seems it was only just revealed in this season (3). I didn't have any idea what the situation was there until I saw that he lost to Bartlet.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Also, what is the deal with John Hoynes?
It seemed there was contention and it seems it was only just revealed in this season (3). I didn't have any idea what the situation was there until I saw that he lost to Bartlet.
I think from a practical standpoint, having a VP around every episode would have meant less time to focus on the rest of the staff, which is what the show was always meant to be about. Originally, Martin Sheen wasn't supposed to be a regular either, but he did such an incredible job in the pilot that they couldn't NOT use him. Since in the real world, the VP is a lot more crucial to an administration, they made up this tension between Bartlet and Hoynes so that Hoynes would only be seen once in a while.