Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity" aka "Whiny Cunt Disorder"

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
SNF2422A-682_852144a.jpg

I’m allergic to wi-fi waves
Torture ... wi-fi makes Steve Miller ill

ELECTROMAGNETIC waves are all around us - we are constantly bombarded by them from space.

Wi-fi uses the same type as mobile phones, TV and radio signals.

They are all different in wavelength, so have different properties.

Wi-fi waves are higher in frequency than mobile phones and are intense due to the amount of info they carry.

While there is no evidence of any permanent damage to the body from electromagnetic waves, some people feel unwell when they are within reach of wi-fi or, occasionally, other types of electromagnetism.

Symptoms can include headaches, irritability, nausea, dizziness and rashes.

Many medics are sceptical about electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome.

And unfortunately research to date has not provided clear-cut answers.

FOR Steve Miller a trip to his local High Street is a living hell that makes him sick, dizzy and confused.
Pubs make him feel the same and he can't use trains, airports or hotels without experiencing head-banging agony.

But Steve doesn't suffer from some strange phobia. He is allergic to wi-fi.

And sadly for him - and the other two per cent of the population with Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity - the number of people pumping out the wireless internet signal is on the rise.

Steve said: "I feel like an exile on my own planet. It's almost impossible to find somewhere without wi-fi nowadays.

"If I fancy a pint I have to travel three miles to the only pub in my area that doesn't have it. I can't just go to the shops because huge parts of the High Street affect me.

"If I go somewhere, I can instantly sense the wi-fi and have to leg it."

Being extra-sensitive to this "electrosmog" has made moving house a nightmare for Steve, as stray signals from neighbouring buildings could make him ill.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2552553/Wi-fi-waves-make-top-DJ-Dave-Miller-sick.html

Can someone pass a law that makes it legal to punch anyone who claims to have Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity in the face? Thanks.

Why? I've seen the odd documentary on this and while the sufferers (or "sufferers", if you prefer) seem really wacky with their anti-em wave veils and foil insulated houses, the idea isn't totally insane. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people really are effected by electronics.

Basically because there's been no actual proof for it existing and it really really doesn't make any sense since there's about a zillion electromagnetic waves flying through the air at any time and it's only WI-FI that they cry about.

Basically because there's been no actual proof for it existing and it really really doesn't make any sense since there's about a zillion electromagnetic waves flying through the air at any time and it's only WI-FI that they cry about.

The ones in this article are only complaining about wi-fi, so maybe they're just imagining it. But there are others who say pretty much any electrical activity causes a reaction, which seems somehow possible considering all the electrical signals going through our bodies.

The ones in this article are only complaining about wi-fi, so maybe they're just imagining it. But there are others who say pretty much any electrical activity causes a reaction, which seems somehow possible considering all the electrical signals going through our bodies.

Eeeeh, maybe.

In 2005, a systematic review looked at the results of 31 experiments testing the role of electromagnetic fields in causing ES. Each of these experiments exposed people who reported electromagnetic hypersensitivity to genuine and sham electromagnetic fields under single- or double-blind conditions. The review concluded that:

"The symptoms described by 'electromagnetic hypersensitivity' sufferers can be severe and are sometimes disabling. However, it has proved difficult to show under blind conditions that exposure to electromagnetic fields can trigger these symptoms. This suggests that 'electromagnetic hypersensitivity' is unrelated to the presence of electromagnetic fields, although more research into this phenomenon is required."

Seven studies were found which did report an association, while 24 could not find any association with electromagnetic fields. However, of the seven positive studies, two could not be replicated even by the original authors, three had serious methodological shortcomings, and the final two presented contradictory results. Since then, several more double-blind experiments have been published, each of which has suggested that people who report electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to detect the presence of electromagnetic fields and are as likely to report ill health following a sham exposure, as they are following exposure to genuine electromagnetic fields.

One of the studies which Rubin et al. reviewed, known as the Essex study, received some criticism for its methodology and analysis, and the authors responded in full to these initial criticisms. The authors noted that their study says nothing about the long-term effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields, but those affected generally claimed to respond to the fields within a few minutes.

In 2008, another systematic review reached the same conclusion as Rubin et al.

A 2005 report by the UK Health Protection Agency concluded that electromagnetic hypersensitivity needs to be considered in ways other than its etiology; that is, the suffering is real, even if the underlying cause is not thought to be related to electromagnetic fields. They also wrote that considering only whether electromagnetic radiation was a causative factor was not meeting the needs of sufferers, although continued research on etiology was essential.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity